Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
The Tara River Canyon is one of the main reasons you came to explore Montenegro. The Tara River Canyon takes a proud Europe´s longest canyon and the second longest in the world after Grand Canyon in Colorado. This impressive canyon is the 1330 m deep and 80 km long, also under UNESCO protection. Tara river’s cascading waters cut a deep lane, winding through the mountains, boasting rife blue-green sapphire colors with over 50 water rapids ready to take you on the experience of your life!
About 60 km rapids and greatly rafting adventure on this spectacular part of the canyon, the river provides real pleasure in this imposing green canyon with untouched wild nature. Experienced or not, you will be able to enjoy the astonishing views of the green forest, canyon, river, and waterfalls. Along the canyon has high cliffs, sandy beaches, rocky and pebbly terraces and very much of caves and springs. As well, the opportunity to see several cultural and historical treasures.
There are no descriptions that convey this enjoyment, attractiveness, natural beauty and all positive that this exceptional adventure offers, it must be seen and experienced. The pulse and excitement at “Tear of Europe”, which is too called the river, for it gives the pure drinking water throughout all canyon. One of those adventures that are long remembered.
According to the itinerary
This grandiose two-day rafting Šljivansko – Šćepan Polje will let you in two days to experience and see about 60 km of the Tara River, well-known for its outstanding beauty. On the last part of the Tara River canyon has the biggest and most attractive cascades and rapids. You will see beautiful landscapes and experience more than 50 exciting cascades.
Definitely, this is a place that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature with activities where everything feels like an adventure, taste delicious organic foods and have fun. Besides attractive cascades and rapids, also you can see Europe’s shortest river and largest water spring Ljutica as well as the impressive Đurđevića Tara Bridge. This amazing rafting through the fabulous canyon will delight you!
Also, there is a slight chance to encounter wildlife along the slopes of the canyon like chamois, bears, wolves, and deer that live within the surrounding forests. Moreover, you can also uncover huchen, trout, grayling, and carp in Tara’s water. Likewise, don’t be surprised to see the chamois or wolves climb up the slopes.
On this fantastic rafting adventure, you will get to experience:
We’ll meet at 10:00 in a parking lot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge, for a “welcome meeting”. Thereafter, visit the bridge and transporting to Šljivansko starting point for rafting. Preparation for safe rafting ride that includes full rafting equipment. Each raft has a waterproof bag where you can store your small rucksacks and mobile phones. The 1nd-day ride toward Radovan Luka is near 25 km and lasts 5-6 hours. After a short break at Ljutica falls, the ride on the rapids right under famous Djurdjevića Tara Bridge, before lunch at the Žugića Luka. You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine. If you are vegetarians or vegans, just when booking, please inform. After lunch rafting continues to Radovan Luka, through Bijele ploče (White plates) cascades. You will pass Mušo’s vrela (Mušo’s springs) where the canyon is deepest and past the Strait Lazin Kamen (Lazin stone) the point where river is tight (only 4 m) with very deep water, before we reach Radovan Luka endpoint for today’s rafting, a free time, dinner and overnight.
• Rafting Šljivansko – Radovan Luka
• Visit Đurđevića Tara Bridge
• Without planned optional activities today (Only on request)
Accommodation & Meals:
• Accommodation: Radovan Luka
Accommodation on HB basis in a double room at the chalet
• Meals: Without breakfast. Lunch and dinner included in rafting tour. (Drinks not included)
After breakfast, our 2nd-day rafting ride continues to Šćepan Polje, at least 5-6 hrs and about 35 km. The ride begins with Djurašica, Gradina and Tepački cascade towards the Bajlovića sige waterfall, that together with the cave which contains a lake on two levels is considered to be the most beautiful part of the Tara River canyon. This is also the place that begins the deepest part of the canyon, 1300 m deep. After a short break from the Bajlovića sige rafting continue to the Brštanovica cascades and rafting camp for a short break. After break, most attractive rapids on Tara, where we will enjoy idyllic landscape with adrenalin rafting over 20 exciting rapids and several waterfalls, like Pećine (The caves) and Borovi (pinery), Varda, Ćelije (Cells), cascades Vernovića (Upper and Lower) which are the largest slope in the abundance of rapids. Stop with short breaks on the most beautiful rapids and waterfalls. Rafting endpoint Šćepan Polje, where we will change clothes, as have delicious lunch. The return ride takes about two hours through spectacular scenery.
• Rafting Brštanovica – Šćepan Polje
• The return journey to Đurđevića Tara Bridge
• Without planned optional activities today (Only on request)
Accommodation & Meals:
• Accommodation: Without accommodation today
• Meals: Buffet breakfast at the camp. Lunch included in rafting tour. (Drinks not included)
We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize this activity must be at least 4 people (adults). See our Additional information & Prices for more details, or contact us if you have any questions.
• Group 10+ has a discount of 5-10% to the basic price.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing a bus connection or taxi (for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come at least 10 minutes before the welcome meeting and departing time-based on the itinerary or by the agreement. Also, look closely your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct meeting point location and time. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: In a parking lot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge.
• Ends on: In a parking lot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge.
Your guide also can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want when you are on the spot.
About hotel guests: According to the planned program for Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations and times. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher, or by agreement.
About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before welcome meeting and departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
– If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
– Confirm the booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact us.
– Please, confirm booking immediately during the booking process if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
– Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. My Account includes all information, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, meeting point location and you can also rate the activity after you finished it. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
– Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your guide at the welcome meeting.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If the activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
– Price is based on group 4 – 8 participants (adults) and per person, as well as according to the suggested date of activity.
– To realize this activity must be at least 4 people (adults), ie for the 1 – 4 people it’s possible to organize as a “private activity” (for the price of 4 people).
– If there is an insufficient number of participants during your reservation and you want to book a “private activity” and pay a deposit, but in the meantime, other people also booked then, the basic price will be calculated. Just give us a notification when booking for this “basic” option.
– The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
– The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
– Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate on this whitewater rafting ride.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
NOTE! In a small rucksack just take basic personal items, a towel and some clothes needed for a night in the camp.
• Season: All year, but usually from May to November
• Start point: Šljivansko (ll logor) – 638 masl
• Finish point: Šcepan Polje – 433 masl
• Height difference: About 205 meters
• Ride length: About 60 km – Total tour length about 150 km
• River’s classification: 2-5 level on this part of the river
• Difficulty: Easy/Medium difficult route
• Duration: Ride about 11 hours, full tour two days
• Dangers: No
• Code: FDA – RSSP – 001 – MA
Currency: Euro (€)
Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen, and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. Bring a swimsuit, underwear as a reserve if you get wet, and preferably towel. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.