Experience fishing in the National Park Durmitor and Tara River. UNESCO-s world heritage list as unique in the world by length of 82 km known as “tear of Europe”, with its clear water.
The canyon is the second deepest in the world (the highest point of the canyon is 1300 m).
In combination with wild untouched nature and amazing landscape, fishing on Tara river is a surprising and fun adventure.
Fishing on the river Tara is allowed only with artificial lures and requires a daily fishing permit.
The permit must be purchased at the NP Durmitor.
The most common types of fish are:
15 Min Before Fishing Time
If you want a pure fishing adventure to experience this amazing green canyon with untouched wild nature, the largest in Europe and the second deepest in the world, delight a full day fishing tour close to Đurđevića Tara bridge from Šljivansko or Žugića Luka, through the famous canyon Tara in Montenegro. Experienced or not, you will be able fishing and enjoy the impressive views of the river, canyon and mountain peaks, rocky and pebbly terraces, sandy beaches, high cliffs…
It is definitely a place that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature with activities where everything feels like adventure, taste delicious organic foods and have fun. You come to experience when you take yourself, your friends or family on your adventure with a full day fishing on the famous Tara River:
• We’ll meet about 15 minutes before fishing time on parking at Đurđevića Tara bridge for a “Welcome to Fishing Tara” meeting. Thereafter, transport to the starting point for fishing.
• Depending on which day it’s a fishing tour, also depends the starting point for a fishing route. Here’s the terms:
Wednesday: From II Logor (Šljivansko) to Đurđevića Tara Bridge,
Friday: From Đurđevića Tara Bridge to Žugića Luka,
Saturday: From Žugića Luka to Bijela Vrela (The White Source)
• Preparing for safe fishing. Fishing begins with a short introduction to practice led by your guide.
• If it’s Wednesday: Šljivansko to Đurđevića Tara Bridge route, then drive we about 3 km upstream from the bridge, where it starts fishing toward the bridge. On this section enjoy yourself, beside gorgeous river, also the shortest river and source in Europe, Ljutica. Here also has a couple of springs and beaches for swimming and short breaks
• When If it’s Friday: From Đurđevića Tara Bridge to Žugića Luka route, then drive we nearly 10 km downstream to Žugića Luka, where in the section about 5 km we have a few attractive places for fishing upstream to the Đurđevića Tara Bridge. There are also several springs and beaches for swimming and short breaks beside amazing river and canyon.
• Also, If it’s Saturday: From Žugića Luka to Bijela Vrela (The White Source) route, then drive we (like on Friday) nearly 10 km downstream to Žugića Luka, where in the section about 5 -6 km we have a lot attractive places for fishing downstream to the Bijela Vrela (The White Source) There are rocky and pebbly terraces, sandy beaches, high cliffs, and a lot of caves along the canyon. Before or after fishing you can look at the stone from Roman times in the old Roman passage in the small village Lever Tara.
• Fishing to End destination, where we will have a short break and enjoy the view, return to start point.
• Lunch box. You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal sandwich or baguette with cheese cream (kajmak) and smoked prosciutto, water or juice and some fruit.
• Return journey from start point to the meeting place on parking at Đurđevića Tara bridge, or under the program. Our ride takes about twenty minutes through spectacular views of the surrounding area of Canyon Tara river.
• Arrival to the meeting place on parking at Đurđevića Tara bridge, in hotel, or under the program.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize this program there must be least 2 people.
• Group 10+ has a discount of about 5-10% on the basic price.
• The program can be modified (eg,If the weather requires, etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted (eg.,Depending on conditions, rafting, etc.)
• We can organize transport from / to Dubrovnik, Tivat, Budva, Podgorica, Sarajevo, etc.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Đurđevića Tara. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the car, minibus or bus. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: parking at Đurđevića Tara bridge.
Depart at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the activity.
• Ends on: parking at Đurđevića Tara bridge.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want.
The car, minibus or bus depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. Please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the scheduled time at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the starting point for activity at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, boarding and arrival locations and you can also rate the activity after you finished the activity. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the activity.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
• It’s possible to organize activity as a private solo passenger of 260 €.
• The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity, excursion or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians, must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate on this activity.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: May to October
• Length: About 5-6 km.
• Duration: Whole tour about 10 hours, fishing about 8 hours.
• Code: FITA-DTZL01-MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.