Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
Canyons are natural water parks, carved into stone and located in the wilderness. One of the most adventurous canyons in Montenegro is the phenomenal canyon Nevidio. The canyon is about 3 km long and has a number of waterfalls, whirls and passages made by the water. If you are longing for adventure and want to experience something that you haven’t experienced yet, test your courage and strength and book yourself an arrangement that will surely fill your every cell with adrenaline.
15 Min Before Canyoning Time
Imagine yourself in the heart of a spectacular canyon, diving into the turbulent waves, descending down the cliffs and waterfalls through meter wide narrow passages. Nevidio is the last conquered Canyon in Europe with cliffs that are so close to each other that at some points they prevent the light from getting in.
It is one of the biggest climbing challenges in this part of Europe. For this adventure, you need full climbing equipment including diving suits. On the way through the three and a half kilometres long canyon you will come across waterfalls, straits, cascades, white water, narrow channels and a whole gallery of nature-made sculptures.
Those who decide to take this alpine adventure must know that once you get in and start going down the galleries, cascades, and waterfalls you cannot go back – you have to go all the way to the end!
We’ll meet about 15 minutes before canyoning time on the parking at restaurant “Jatak” in Šavnik for a “welcome meeting”. Thereafter, transport to the start point for canyoning.
Arriving in front of the canyon, the starting point for canyoning Nevidio. Equipping participants with canyoning sneakers, canyoning belts, helmets, neoprene suits, and neoprene socks. Your adventure begins with a short introduction and safety procedures led by your guide/skipper.
The first encounter with Nevidio will take your breath away with its beauty. The tour starts It starts here and passing through the canyon lasts about 3 hours on average. During the canyoning, we will make 1-2 breaks where participants receive refreshments, take photos etc.
We get out of the canyon and take off the equipment and have a short break.
The return journey to the meeting place on parking at restaurant “Jatak” in Šavnik, or under the program. Our journey through Pošćenje village takes about ten minutes with spectacular views of the surrounding area with impressive views of the meadows and mountain peaks.
You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialities of the local cuisine or fish menu. You can try a phenomenal barbecue like meatballs, kebabs, burgers, sausages… (ćevapi, ražnjići, pljeskavice, sudžukice…), salad, cheese, cream (kajmak), pies (pita) and bread during the “saće”, doughnuts, pastries and homemade brandy (šljivovica) or juice.
We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again. Doviđenja! Goodbye!
• Canyoning tours should be booked at least one day earlier.
• The tour lasts 6-8 hours in total
• A participant should provide height, weight, shoe size.
• Participants must bring a swimming suit.
• In case of bad weather conditions, the tour can be delayed or cancelled.
• The minimum number of participants is 2 people (adults).
• Groups of 10+ have a discount of 5-10% to the base price
• In case of bad weather conditions, the tour can be delayed or cancelled.
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organize a bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from coastal cities and Podgorica.
• 5mm Neoprene Wetsuit with hood
How long does passing through the canyon take?
The duration of passing through the canyon depends on the group size and physical condition of participants. For the average group (5-8 people ), passing takes about 3 hours.
What is the height of jumps?
Jumps are 2-8 m high.
Is it necessary to jump on each of the jumps?
Most of the jumps can be avoided ( alternative path ) or you can simply rope down.
What are the age limits for practising canyoning?
The lower limit is about 8 years, depending on the constitution of the child. The upper limit does not essentially exist, as long as someone feels capable of passing through Nevidio.
Where can we leave personal things while the canyoning lasts? Is it possible to carry some of the personal things like a mobile phone or car keys?
Things remain in the van parked near the canyon entrance. Although it is not recommended, it is possible to pack some of the personal things in waterproof bags.
What’s the necessary equipment that we should bring with us?
The only thing that is necessary is a swimming suit. It is recommended that you have a ready towel waiting for you in the van, on your return from the canyon.
Is it possible to come back from some positions in the canyon?
Return is possible only before the first jump, which is about 200-300 meters from the entrance of the canyon.
How many guides are there with the group?
It depends on the size of the group. On every 5-6 persons goes one guide. So, if the group counts, for example, 15 people, there will be 3 guides.
Can we go individually into the canyon?
Individual passing is not recommended because it could be extremely dangerous for people who do not know the canyon. In these cases, the tour ends with a rescue service coming to help people go out from the canyon.
Should I be a swimmer?
It is recommended that you are a swimmer since it will be easier both for you and for the guide, but if you are not, we have a solution for that. We provide life jackets and you do not have to jump, you can be carried by the rope
What if I do not have company for the canyon, and I would like to go?
With the consent of all participants, we combine smaller groups into one larger to achieve optimal group size which is between 6 and 8 people. It is only necessary to announce a couple of days in advance so that they can fit you into the group.
• 10:00 – Meeting at the agreed place
• 30 minutes drive to the canyon Nevidio
• Dressing up the equipment
• Canyoning (2-3 hours)
• Hike back
• Return to Zabljak
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this excursion.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the excursion.
• All changes are subject to availability and a price increase or equivalent administrative charge imposed on the holder of the credit card used during the booking process.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or locations on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left. Montenegro Adventure also reserves the right not to offer the excursion if the ordered service differs too much from the service booked at the first opportunity. Changes made less than 48 hours before scheduled departure time are not allowed unless the transfer provider or destination requires otherwise.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the excursion and is required to inform the Montenegro Adventure. Cancellation can be made on our website or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the General Terms and Conditions of the Montenegro Adventure, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if it’s not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if cancelled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if cancelled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if cancelled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
Montenegro Adventure will refund you the amount you have paid, less the cancellation fees incurred with respect to the service provider.
• If you do not arrive at the scheduled time of arrival without having notified Montenegro Adventure in advance, it will be considered a cancellation. Montenegro Adventure pays no compensation for non-arrival under the above conditions and without express authority from Montenegro Adventure. • Montenegro Adventure informs you of the cancellation costs that amount to 100% of the booking price.
• It’s possible to organize a private excursion of 840 €, 1 – 7 people (120 € per person).
• The excursion is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The excursion can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the excursion are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians, must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate in this activity.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: 1 June to 1 October
• Distance: About 12 km – 20 minutes drive
• Duration: 5 Hours.
• Code: FDE – SACN – 010 – MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect to tip themselves and will not request any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.