Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Canyon Nevidio is part of Mala Komarnica, river, which rises at the pedestal of the southern part of Durmitor, precisely in Dobri Do. Delving deep passes between Boljske grede (2091 m.e.) and Lojanik (2091 m.e.) to reappear in a quiet river valley as a permanent river. Surrounding the entrance is one of the most beautifulin the Durmitor area. The beauty of this area makes the village Poscenje with two glacial lakes, periodic waterfall Skakavica that the seventy-meter high walls wastes water river Grabovica which flows into the Komarnica.
At the end of the valley at an altitude of 935 m begins canyon Nevidio or Nevidjbog as he called the inhabitants of this region. He is rightly wearing this name because Komarnica suddenly gets lost in a strangely carved entrance and becomes a human eye – invisible.
Tucked away and hidden in the inaccessible terrain has caused attention and curiosity.
15 Min Before Canyoning Time
The Nevidio canyon is a place where millions of years ago the mountains of Durmitor and Vojnik crashed into each other. This is the last conquered canyon in Europe. It is located 50 km from Zabljak in the direction towards Savnik and Niksic. The beauty of the Canyon is stunning, and this phenomenon will leave you breathless with its steep cliffs and icy cold water. The canyon is 2,700 meters long, and in some places its width goes down to only 0.5 m.
Can you imagine yourselves in the heart of spectacular canyon, swimming through a meter wide narrows, jumping into pools, swimming, wading, and sometimes even diving while sky is reduced to a thinnest line? Than the last conquered Canyon in Europe is right adventure for you! Our experienced guides will help you cross every obstacle on the way.
Let the adventure begin!
• We’ll meet about 15 minutes before canyoning time on parking at restaurant “Jatak” in Šavnik for a “welcome meeting”. Thereafter, transport to the start point for canyoning.
• Arriving in front of the canyon, the starting point for canyoning. Equipping participants (canyoning sneakers, canyoning belt, helmet, neoprene suit, and neoprene socks.
• Your adventure begins with a short introduction and safety procedures led by your guide/skipper.
• The first encounter with Nevidio will take your breath with its indescribable beauty, fabulous and extraordinary. It starts at the very end of the valley justifying its name, as the river Komarnica suddenly disappears in the strangely carved entrance and becomes invisible to the human eye. The biggest part of the canyon is in eternal shadow.
• During canyoning make 1-2 break where participants receive refreshments, take photos and make videos.
• The passage through the canyon will last about 4 hours.
• Get out of the canyon. The unique beauty of the cascades and big waterfalls that the Nevidio canyon keep, are more than sufficient reason to see and experience this incredible gem of Montenegro.
• We will take off the equipment and have a short break.
• The return journey to the meeting place on parking at restaurant “Jatak” in Šavnik, or under the program. Our journey through Pošćenje village takes about ten minutes with spectacular views of the surrounding area with impressive views of the meadows and mountain peaks.
• Lunch ( Optional ). You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal barbecue like meatballs, kebabs, burgers, sausages… (ćevapi, ražnjići, pljeskavice, sudžukice…), salad, cheese, cream (kajmak), pies (pita) and bread during the “saće”, donuts, pastries and homemade brandy (šljivovica) or juice.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize the arrangement must be at least 7 people (contact us for info)
• Group 10+ has a discount of 5-10% to the basic price
• The program can be changed (eg, due of the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Šavnik. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the bus (minibus). We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Šavnik.
Depart at the scheduled time and location from Šavnik or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the excursion.
• Ends on: Šavnik.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location in Šavnik or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the excursion and any other information you want.
Buses or minibuses depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. You might find similar bus stops throughout the city or in the same area. Because boarding and arrival locations can change through the year, please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the driving schedule at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the boarding point at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this excursion.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the excursion.
• All changes are subject to availability and a price increase or equivalent administrative charge imposed on the holder of the credit card used during the booking process.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or location on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left. Montenegro Adventure also reserves the right not to offer the excursion if the ordered service differs too much from the service booked at the first opportunity. Changes made less than 48 hours before scheduled departure time are not allowed unless the transfer provider or destination requires otherwise.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the excursion and is required to inform the Montenegro Adventure. Cancellation can be made on our website or by e-mail: [email protected] The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the General Terms and Conditions of the Montenegro Adventure, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if it’s not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
Montenegro Adventure will refund you the amount you have paid, less the cancellation fees incurred with respect to the service provider.
• If you do not arrive at the scheduled time of arrival without having notified Montenegro Adventure in advance, it will be considered a cancellation. Montenegro Adventure pays no compensation for non-arrival under the above conditions and without express authority from Montenegro Adventure. • Montenegro Adventure informs you of the cancellation costs that amount to 100% of the booking price.
• It’s possible to organize as a private excursion of 840 €, 1 – 7 people (120 € per person).
• The excursion is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The excursion can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the excursion are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians, must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate on this activity.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: 1 June to 1 October
• Distance: About 12 km – 20 minutes drive
• Duration: 5 Hours.
• Code: FDE – SACN – 010 – MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.