Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
The Tara river canyon is one of the basic reasons you came to experience Montenegro. The Tara Canyon takes a proud Europe´s longest canyon and the second-longest in the world after Grand Canyon in the USA. This amazing canyon is 1330 m deep and 80 km long, also in UNESCO’s world heritage. The Tara River’s rapidly waters cut a deep lane, curving through the mountains, boasting rife blue-green sapphire colours with over 50 water rapids ready to take you on the adventure of your life!
Nearly 25 km rapids and greatly rafting adventure on this breathtaking part of the canyon, the Tara river provides real enjoyment in this impressive green canyon with untouched wild nature. Experienced or not, you will be able to enjoy the amazing views of the canyon, river, green forest and waterfalls. Along the canyon has sandy beaches, rocky and pebbly terraces, high cliffs, and a lot of caves and springs. Moreover, the opportunity to see various cultural and historical treasures.
It must be seen and experienced, because there are no descriptions that convey this attractiveness, enjoyment, natural beauty and all positive that this phenomenal adventure offers. The pulse and excitement at “Tear of Europe”, which is likewise called the river, because it gives the pure drinking water throughout the whole canyon. One of those experiences that is long remembered.
According to the itinerary
This amazing Rafting Tara from Šljivansko to Radovan Luka will let you enjoy and see an unbelievable part of the Tara River, well known for its unique beauty and remarkable Đurđevića Tara Bridge. This part of the Tara river canyon beside the stunning and masterly bridge over the canyon of the Tara River in Đurđević Tara has a gorgeous landscape and many exciting rapids.
Definitely, it’s a place that should be visiting for those who love nature and seek adventure. The rafting ride on this part of the river will delight you! This amazing rafting will take you through the unbelievable canyon of the Tara river, there you besides the bridge also may see Europe’s shortest river and largest water spring Ljutica.
Also, there is a slight chance to encounter wildlife along the slopes of the canyon-like chamois, bears, wolves, and deer that live within the surrounding forests. Moreover, you may even uncover trout, grayling, huchen, and carp in Tara’s water. Likewise, don’t be surprised to see the deer or bear climb up the slope.
On this rafting adventure you will get to experience:
We’ll meet about 30 minutes before Rafting Tara, at the parking spot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge, or by agreement for a “welcome meeting”. Please, check your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct meeting place location and time.
After arrival, meet our staff and other rafters to prepares a rafting group for transportation towards the starting point for rafting. If you come in your own car, park in the motel’s parking or at the alternative parking by the bridge.
Thereafter, transporting with our vehicles upstream along the Tara River ca 3 km to Šljivansko (ll Logor), also starting point for white water rafting.
After this short journey to get there, arrive at Šljivansko (ll Logor) starting point, a popular place that people will make whitewater rafting. Your rafting begins from the coast with a short introduction to paddling practice and safety procedures led by your guide/skipper.
Preparation for safe rafting ride that includes full rafting equipment, neoprene suits, boots, life jackets, anoraks, and helmets. Neoprene suits and boots are very important because they are during the summer tourist season, the water temperature is 10-12 °C. Each raft has a waterproof bag where you can store your mobile phones and cameras.
After preparation and introduction, the rafting starts at near 25 km total raft ride. This rafting Šljivansko to Radovan Luka is a real enjoyment and you can have it afford without much effort!
The rafting starts at the Šljivansko toward Radovan Luka and lasts 5-6 hours (depending on the water level) with breaks for lunch, swimming, and photography. A short break at Ljutica falls for photography and sightseeing. After Ljutica, the ride on the Trešnjički rapids right under the famous Djurdjevića Tara Bridge. Then, we go past the Bijele ploče and Archangel’s cascades for a swimming break in the cool green swirls before lunch at the Žugića Luka.
Break at Žugića Luka for lunch. You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialities of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal barbecue like meatballs, kebabs, burgers, sausages… (ćevapi, ražnjići, pljeskavice, sudžukice…), salad, cheese, cream (kajmak), pies (pita) and bread during the “saće”, donuts, pastries and homemade brandy (šljivovica) or juice. If you are vegetarians or vegans, just when booking, please inform.
After lunch rafting continues to Radovan Luka, through the wild Funjic cascades and Bijele ploče (White plates). You will pass Mušo’s vrela (Mušo’s springs) where the canyon is deepest and past the Strait Lazin Kamen (Lazin stone) the point where the river is tight (only 4 m) with very deep water, likewise the falls of Draga river. In all these places we take short breaks for photography and sightseeing before we reach Radovan Luka.
The Radovan Luka is an endpoint for whitewater rafting. Upon arrival, we leave our equipment and we will change clothes, as well have a short break. This place is located in an amazing natural environment and gives the Radovan Luka an unspeakable scenery.
After the break, the return journey to the meeting place at the Đurđevića Tara bridge or by the agreement. Our ride from Radovan Luka takes about an hour through spectacular views of Durmitor, the canyon, and the surrounding area. From the Čurevac peak (1650 meters) the views are spectacular and give this landscape an indescribable touch.
Arrive at the meeting place on the location at parking by the “Motel Tara” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge, after the itinerary or agreement for a “welcome meeting”. Please, check your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct Pick-up and Drop-Off locations and times.
The end of the amazing whitewater rafting Šljivansko – Radovan Luka. We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing a bus connection or taxi (for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come at least 10 minutes before the welcome meeting and departing time-based on the itinerary or by the agreement. Also, look closely your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct meeting point location and time. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: In a parking lot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge.
• Ends on: In a parking lot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge.
Your guide also can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want when you are on the spot.
About hotel guests: According to the planned program for Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations and times. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher, or by agreement.
About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before welcome meeting and departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
– If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
– Confirm the booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact us.
– Please, confirm booking immediately during the booking process if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
– Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. My Account includes all information, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, meeting point location and you can also rate the activity after you finished it. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
– Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your guide at the welcome meeting.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If the activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
– Price is based on group 4 – 8 participants (adults) and per person, as well as according to the suggested date of activity.
– To realize this activity must be at least 4 people (adults), ie for the 1 – 4 people it’s possible to organize as a “private activity” (for the price of 4 people).
– If there is an insufficient number of participants during your reservation and you want to book a “private activity” and pay a deposit, but in the meantime, other people also booked then, the basic price will be calculated. Just give us a notification when booking for this “basic” option.
– The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
– The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
– Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate on this whitewater rafting ride.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to November
• Start point: Šljivansko (ll logor) – 638 masl
• Finish point: Radovan Luka – 550 masl
• Height difference: About 88 meters
• Ride length: Nearly 25 km – Total tour length about 70 km
• River’s classification: 2-4 level on this part of the river
• Difficulty: Easy/Medium difficult route
• Duration: Ride about 5-6 hours, a full tour of about 8 hours
• Dangers: No
• Code: FDA – RSRL – 001 – MA
Currency: Euro (€)
Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen, and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. Bring a swimsuit, underwear as a reserve if you get wet, and preferably towel. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.