Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
The Tara Canyon even called the “Tear of Europe” takes pride in being the longest in the world, after Grand Canyon in the USA, likewise Europe´s longest canyon. This spectacular canyon is about 80 km long and more than 1300 meters deep, as well as in UNESCO-s world heritage.
You may experience this breathtaking part of the green canyon with more than 20 km rapids of pure whitewater rafting adventure and with untouched wild nature. Experienced or not, you will enjoy the raft and be delighted of the impressive views of the canyon, river and mountain peaks. There are high cliffs, rocky and pebbly terraces, sandy beaches, and many caves like waterfalls along the canyon. Additionally, the opportunity to see several cultural and historical treasures.
According to the itinerary
This rafting Brštanovica – Šćepan Polje will let you experience and see the last 18 km of the Tara River, known for its outstanding beauty. This part of the canyon has the biggest and most attractive rapids. You will see beautiful landscapes and experience in 21 of 50 exciting cascades.
The river is a 3 – 5 volume level on the international scale of river categorization. This means that the water level varies depending on the season. If you visit in September, the high waters from Spring have already decreased, to give you a more gentle but still wild ride.
There is also a little chance to encounter wildlife along the shores of the river like chamois, wolves, bears, and deer that live within the surrounding forests. Furthermore, you can likewise uncover grayling, trout, huchen, and carp in Tara’s water. Also, don’t be surprised to see the deer or bear climb up the mountain.
On this rafting adventure you will get to experience:
Arrival to the border crossing Šćepan Polje in prearranged time, in the morning hours around 9:30. After passport control is almost half an hour drive towards Brštanovica, also to the starting point for Rafting. Driving through the pleasant ambient of Tara River Canyon with a stunning view of the environment.
Our Camp is also located there. For all the participants of this arrangement is secured parking line for your personal cars. After arrival at the “Rafting camp” and welcome drink and introducing our camp and environment.
Meet our staff and other rafters for preparations for rafting start. Full rafting equipment including neoprene suits and boots, life jackets, anoraks, and helmets. Each raft has a waterproof bag where you can store your mobile phones and cameras.
Your rafting begins from the coast with a short introduction led by your guide/skipper. In the main, we recommend summertime between the beginning of June until August when the level of water is most optimal for safe rafting, but for the adrenaline pleasure of going through “foamy and boiling rapids” we recommend that you come in the month April or May. By the smallest change in water levels, there are totally new rapids, which goes in support of the phrase “On the water is never the same”.
It`s up to you to decide when you want to experience the adrenalin adventure because each and every rafting tour on Tara River is not the same. For example, the most attractive part with rapids of the river, which is approximately 18 kilometers long, from Brštanovica to Šćepan Polje, in April and May lasts 30-45 minutes but in July and August lasts 3-4 hours.
During the ride, you will enjoy the view of the beautiful surroundings and fascinating views of this well-known Tara river and especially on the canyon, waterfalls, etc. The rafting Brštanovica – Šćepan Polje is a real adrenalin pleasure and you can have it afford without much effort!
The whitewater rafting starts at the Brštanovica through the famous canyon Tara toward Šćepan Polje, lasts 2-3 hours (depending on the water level) with breaks for photography, swimming, and refreshment as well as visit coldest Tara’s tributary Šipčanica creek. Stop with short breaks on the most beautiful rapids and waterfalls. The water temperature is 10-12 °C. During the ride, the speed of the boat reaches up to 30 km/h.
Our rafting adventure begins with Brštanovički cascades, which is famous for its foamy rapids, followed by a series of cascades like Pećine (The caves) and Borovi (pinery). Then follows the cascades Varda, Ćelije and Mladički virovi, which are abundant with trout, and cascades Vernovića (Upper and Lower) which are the largest slope in the abundance of rapids. After the calm water stream of the river, runs into Grab, Zelenac and Uzlup cascades, but now we have already experienced rafters and we routinely go through them.
Soon we come the arched Žanj cascades, where we recommend that the rhythm of paddling be accelerated to the Ljutnica cascades. We are coming to the last row of cascades like the Liječevina’s mill, Krsmanov Kamen (Krsman’s Stone), and Šipčanica which is an attractive place for rest, before the meeting of the Tara and Piva rivers in the Šcepan Polje (field) from where they flow together as a river Drina.
From the end point of rafting ride, Šćepan Polje, Mouth of rivers Tara and Piva, we drive back by our 4×4 vehicles to our base camp, where lunch and hot shower awaits for us.
Arrival at the restaurant in the camp and lunch. Lunch, starting with delicious and excellent quality meat (roasted lamb or veal, chicken or fish- trout…). You will enjoy with specialties of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal barbecue like meatballs, kebabs, burgers, sausages… (ćevapi, ražnjići, pljeskavice, sudžukice…), salad, cheese, cream (kajmak) and bread during the “saće”, donuts, pastries and homemade brandy (rakija) or juices. Of course, we will also take care of you who are vegetarians or vegans, just when booking, please inform.
After lunch, that arrangement ends. We hope you had an unforgettable experience on the amazing white water rafting Brštanovica – Šćepan Polje, and you are welcome again.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing a bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come at least 10 minutes before the welcome meeting and departing time-based on the itinerary or by the agreement. Also, look closely your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct meeting point location and time. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts/Ends on Brštanovica. In a parking lot of rafting camp “Rafting Camp”.
Your guide also can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want when you are on the spot.
About hotel guests: According to the planned program for Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations and times. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher, or by agreement.
About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before welcome meeting and departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
– If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
– Confirm the booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact us.
– Please, confirm booking immediately during the booking process if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
– Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. My Account includes all information, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, meeting point location and you can also rate the activity after you finished it. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
– Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your guide at the welcome meeting.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If the activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
– Price is based on group 4 – 8 participants (adults) and per person, as well as according to the suggested date of the activity.
– To realize this activity must be at least 4 people (adults), ie for the 1 – 3 people it’s possible to organize as “private activity” (for the price of 4 people).
– If there is an insufficient number of participants during your reservation and you want to book a “private activity” and pay a deposit, but in the meantime, other people also booked then, the basic price will be calculated. Just give us a notification when booking for this “basic” option.
– The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
– The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
– Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate on this rafting ride.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older)
• Season: All year, but usually from May to October
• Start point: Brštanovica: – 498 masl
• Finish point: Šćepan Polje – 433 masl
• Height difference: About 65 meters
• Ride length: About 18 km – Total tour length about 25 km
• River’s classification: 3-5 level on this part of the river
• Difficulty: Easy/Medium difficult route
• Duration: Ride 2 – 3 hours, full tour about 5 hours
• Dangers: No
• Code: FDA – RSSP – 001 – MA
Currency: Euro (€)
Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give a tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen, and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. Bring a swimsuit, underwear as a reserve if you get wet, and preferably towel. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.