Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
This tour will suit you perfectly for all those who love nature and enjoy watching the beautiful landscapes. This adventure will take you on a raft from Šljivansko to Žugića Luka where you will experience fantastic parts of the Tara River, well-known for its outstanding beauty. Zip 1050 m across the world’s second deepest canyon at speeds that range up to 120 km/h! This adrenaline-filled ZipLine across Canyon Tara is classed as one of the fastest in the world. Real treat for the greatest lovers of extreme adventures and wild nature.
Đurđevića Tara Bridge – or in agreement (Google Map)
According to the itinerary
What to Expect
Explore nearly 10 km of rapids in this beautiful green canyon with untouched wild nature. Experienced or not, you will be able to ride on a raft boat and enjoy the impressive views of the river, canyon and mountain peaks.
Tara River Canyon is 1333 m deep, which makes it the deepest in Europe, and after Colorado Canyon, second in the world. It’s fascinating just by itself, isn’t it? And now imagine that you fly over that natural phenomenon only hanging from a cable.
We’ll meet about 30 minutes before Rafting on Tara River, at the parking spot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge, or by agreement for a “welcome meeting.” Please, check your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct meeting place location and time.
After arrival, meet our staff and other rafters to prepares a rafting group for transportation towards the starting point for rafting. If you come in your car, park in the motel’s parking or at the alternative parking by the bridge.
Thereafter, transporting with our vehicles upstream along the Tara River ca 3 km to Šljivansko (ll Logor), also starting point for white water rafting.
After this short journey to get there, arrive at Šljivansko (ll Logor) starting point, a popular place that people will make whitewater rafting. Your rafting begins from the coast with a short introduction to paddling practice and safety procedures led by your guide/skipper.
Preparation for safe rafting ride that includes full rafting equipment, neoprene suits, boots, life jackets, anoraks, and helmets. Neoprene suits and boots are very important because they are during the summer tourist season, the water temperature is 10-12 °C. Each raft has a waterproof bag where you can store your mobile phones and cameras.
After preparation and introduction, the rafting starts at a 10 km total raft ride. This rafting Šljivansko to Žugića Luka is a real pleasure and you can have it afford without much effort!
The rafting from Šljivansko through the famous canyon Tara toward Žugića Luka (Lever Tara), lasts 2-3 hours (depending on the water level) with breaks for photography, swimming, and refreshment, as well as visit the largest water spring in Europe and also the shortest river in Europe, Ljutica spring.
After the short break at Ljutica ride on the rapids continues to the Trešnjički bukovi (cascades) and famous and also very popular tourist attraction, Djurdjevića Tara Bridge. This architectural wonder has a height of 165 meters and attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors every year.
After passing Djurdjevica Tara Bridge we go past the Bijele ploče and Archangel’s cascades like a small, charming Monastery of St. Arhanđela Mihailo (Archangel Michael) from the 14th-century. A swimming break in the cool green swirls and then continue to Žugića Luka, the endpoint for this ride.
The Žugića Luka (Lever Tara) is an endpoint for the white-water rafting. Upon arrival, we leave our equipment, and we will change clothes. You can look at the stone from Roman times in the old Roman passage in the small village of Lever Tara.
After the rafting ride, we drive to the meeting place, parking spot behind the “Motel Tara” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge, or agreement to other places. The views are spectacular and give this landscape an indescribable touch.
Arrive at the meeting place on the location at parking by the “Motel Tara” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge, after the itinerary or agreement for a “welcome meeting”. Please, check your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct Pick-up and Drop-Off locations and times.
The end of the amazing whitewater rafting Šljivansko – Žugića Luka. We hope you had an unforgettable experience, and you are welcome again.
We’ll meet about 15 minutes before booked ZipLine time on parking at Đurđevića Tara bridge for a “Welcome to ZipLine” meeting. Thereafter, transport to the starting point for ZipLine.
Arrive at Guest House Tara Canyon in Đurđevića Tara, starting point for ZipLine about 1 km from the “meeting point”. Preparing for safe ZipLine. Full equipment for ZipLine including life jackets, helmets, and gloves.
Hooked to the cable in the sitting position, you are moving at the high speed to the other side of the hill. The speed at which you fly will depend on your weight, wind, etc.
ZIP Line takes a couple of minutes, but you will have an unforgettable experience.
ZipLine flight ends with arrival on the other side.
The return journey to the meeting place at the Đurđevića Tara bridge, starting point for ZipLine, or under the program.
Take a walk and enjoy the view from the famous bridge Đurđevića Tara, which is an architectural masterpiece with its five arches 152 feet above the river.
Arrive at the meeting place on parking at Đurđevića Tara bridge, or according to the program.
We hope you had an unforgettable experience, and you are welcome again.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing a bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Is Tara rafting dangerous?
Rafting starts only when water conditions are maximally safe. When the water is high, as in early spring, we don’t do rafting. It is why rafting with us is safe and fun.
Where do I leave my stuff when on rafting?
All your stuff is in the secured changeroom by Tara bridge, where you also have showers if you need them after rafting.
Do I have to be a swimmer?
Swimming is not a mandatory skill since all participants have lifevests.
How cold is Tara River?
Our team is equipped with high-quality suits for all weather conditions to make sure that people don’t get cold. If it’s sunny and hot, we provide a 4mm neoprene shorty which is enough for that kind of day (some people even decide not to wear the suit). In the case of colder weather, we provide thicker long suits and even anorak jackets if it’s raining.
What are the weights range to use the zip?
Weight limits are flexible, meaning that we must calculate wind as well. We decide on the spot if it is safe to go alone or together with an adult or another kid. The upper limit also depends on the wind and varies between 120 and 130kg.
How do we get back after the ride?
There is a walk over the bridge (350 meters long) to get back to the starting point, which takes about 10 minutes. There is a possibility that we pick you up with the van and shorten the way back.
Is it safe?
YES. The whole project is designed and made under the supervision of construction engineers. Cables used to operate have more than 10 metric tons of breaking load. Equipment (harnesses, slacks) is attested by manufacturers to withstand a few tons of force.
Please, come at least 10 minutes before the welcome meeting and departing time-based on the itinerary or by the agreement. Also, look closely your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct meeting point location and time. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: In a parking lot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge.
• Ends on: In a parking lot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge.
Your guide also can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want when you are on the spot.
About hotel guests: According to the planned program for Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations and times. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher, or by agreement.
About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before welcome meeting and departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
– If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
– Confirm the booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact us.
– Please, confirm booking immediately during the booking process if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
– Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. My Account includes all information, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, meeting point location and you can also rate the activity after you finished it. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
– Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your guide at the welcome meeting.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If the activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
– Price is based on group 4 – 8 participants (adults) and per person, as well as according to the suggested date of activity.
– To realize this activity must be at least 4 people (adults), ie for the 1 – 4 people it’s possible to organize as a “private activity” (for the price of 4 people).
– If there is an insufficient number of participants during your reservation and you want to book a “private activity” and pay a deposit, but in the meantime, other people also booked then, the basic price will be calculated. Just give us a notification when booking for this “basic” option.
– The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
– The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
– Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate on this whitewater rafting ride.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to November
• Start point: Šljivansko (ll logor) – 638 masl
• Finish point: Žugića Luka (Lever Tara) – 590 masl
• Height difference: About 48 meters
• Ride length: Nearly 10 km – Total tour length about 15 km
• River’s classification: 2-4 level on this part of the river
• Difficulty: Easy/Medium difficult route
• Duration: Ride about 2-2,5 hours, full tour of about 4 hours
• Dangers: No
• Code: FDA – RSZL – 001 – MA
Currency: Euro (€)
Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen, and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. Bring a swimsuit, underwear as a reserve if you get wet, and preferably towel. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.