Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
For those who love nature and seek adventure, Rafting on Tara river will delight you! This adventure will take you on a raft from Šljivansko to Žugića Luka where you will experience fantastic parts of the Tara River, well-known for its outstanding beauty.
Tara Canyon, also known as the “Tear of Europe” takes pride in being Europe´s longest canyon and the second-longest in the world after Grand Canyon in the USA. This famous canyon is 1330 m deep and 80 km long, and in UNESCO-s world heritage.
According to the itinerary
Explore nearly 10 km rapids in this beautiful green canyon with untouched wild nature. Experienced or not, you will be able to ride on a raft boat and enjoy the impressive views of the river, canyon and mountain peaks.
We’ll meet about 30 minutes before Rafting on Tara River, at the parking spot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge, or by agreement for a “welcome meeting.” Please, check your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct meeting place location and time.
After arrival, meet our staff and other rafters to prepares a rafting group to transportation towards the starting point for rafting. If you come with your car, park on the motel’s parking or at the alternative parking by the bridge.
Thereafter, transporting with our vehicles upstream along the Tara River ca 3 km to Šljivansko (ll Logor), also starting point for white water rafting.
After this short journey to get there, arrive at Šljivansko (ll Logor) starting point, a popular place that people will make whitewater rafting. Your rafting begins from the coast with a short introduction to paddling practice and safety procedures led by your guide/skipper.
Preparation for safe rafting ride that includes full rafting equipment, neoprene suits, boots, life jackets, anoraks, and helmets. Neoprene suits and boots are very important because they are during the summer tourist season, the water temperature is 10-12 °C. Each raft has a waterproof bag where you can store your mobile phones and cameras.
After preparation and introduction, the rafting starts at a 10 km total raft ride. This rafting Šljivansko to Žugića Luka is a real pleasure and you can have it afford without much effort!
The rafting from Šljivansko through the famous canyon Tara toward Žugića Luka (Lever Tara), lasts 2-3 hours (depending on the water level) with breaks for photography, swimming, and refreshment, as well as visit the largest water spring in Europe and also the shortest river in Europe, Ljutica spring.
After the short break at Ljutica ride on the rapids continues to the Trešnjički bukovi (cascades) and famous and also very popular tourist attraction, Djurdjevića Tara Bridge. This architectural wonder has a height of 165 meters and attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors every year.
After passing Djurdjevica Tara Bridge we go past the Bijele ploče and Archangel’s cascades like a small charming Monastery of St. Arhanđela Mihailo (Archangel Michael) from 14th-century. A swimming break in the cool green swirls and then continue to Žugića Luka, the endpoint for this ride.
The Žugića Luka (Lever Tara) is an endpoint for the white water rafting. Upon arrival, we leave our equipment and we will change clothes. You can look at the stone from Roman times in the old Roman passage in the small village of Lever Tara.
After the rafting ride, we drive to the meeting place, parking spot behind the “Motel Tara” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge, or agreement to other places. The views are spectacular and give this landscape an indescribable touch.
Arrive at the meeting place on the location at parking by the “Motel Tara” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge, after the itinerary or agreement for a “welcome meeting”. Please, check your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct Pick-up and Drop-Off locations and times.
The end of the amazing whitewater rafting Šljivansko – Žugića Luka. We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing a bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come at least 10 minutes before the welcome meeting and departing time-based on the itinerary or by the agreement. Also, look closely your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct meeting point location and time. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: In a parking lot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge.
• Ends on: In a parking lot behind the “Motel Tara MB” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge.
Your guide also can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want when you are on the spot.
About hotel guests: According to the planned program for Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations and times. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher, or by agreement.
About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before welcome meeting and departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
– If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
– Confirm the booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact us.
– Please, confirm booking immediately during the booking process if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
– Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. My Account includes all information, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, meeting point location and you can also rate the activity after you finished it. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
– Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your guide at the welcome meeting.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If the activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
– Price is based on group 4 – 8 participants (adults) and per person, as well as according to the suggested date of activity.
– To realize this activity must be at least 4 people (adults), ie for the 1 – 4 people it’s possible to organize as a “private activity” (for the price of 4 people).
– If there is an insufficient number of participants during your reservation and you want to book a “private activity” and pay a deposit, but in the meantime, other people also booked then, the basic price will be calculated. Just give us a notification when booking for this “basic” option.
– The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
– The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
– Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate on this whitewater rafting ride.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to November
• Start point: Šljivansko (ll logor) – 638 masl
• Finish point: Žugića Luka (Lever Tara) – 590 masl
• Height difference: About 48 meters
• Ride length: Nearly 10 km – Total tour length about 15 km
• River’s classification: 2-4 level on this part of the river
• Difficulty: Easy/Medium difficult route
• Duration: Ride about 2-2,5 hours, full tour of about 4 hours
• Dangers: No
• Code: FDA – RSZL – 001 – MA
Currency: Euro (€)
Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen, and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. Bring a swimsuit, underwear as a reserve if you get wet, and preferably towel. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.
Thank you Montenegro Adventure for making our trip unforgettable and a memorable one, very efficient team, down to earth, helpful, cheerful and maintaining positive attitude all through our trip, we booked white water rafting at River Tara, full day activity, it was one of the most beautiful trips, the organization of the event, the food and atmosphere was just lovely, they surprised us with home made cooking bbq in the park, we drove in four wheel drive, feels like a safari in jungle, they took us to Zipper liner- out of this world. Book with Montenegro Tours without hesitation, Special thanks to Ana and Rene … they were amazing!! Definitely we will come back and recommend the agency to our friends!
We rafted the Tara River with Montenegro Adventure and it was amazing from start to finish. We were collected from our accommodation in Budva and driven up to the the rafting by Alden. The journey was beautiful and had the opportunity to take photos along the way. Alden also told us lots of interesting things about Montenegro. His passion for Montenegro made us so excited to be there! On arrival the lovely team helped us get ready for the rafting – they provided us with great wet suits. We rafted with two guides both of whom were brilliant!! They controlled the raft with so much skill- I was a bit scared at first but they made me feel completely comfortable!! They taught us how to raft through the rapids and most importantly they did everything they could to make the rafting as fun and exhilarating as possible for us!! After we ate delicious food and plenty of it. The team went above and beyond to make sure we had a brilliant day. It was the best day of our holiday and has us longing to go back to Montenegro Adventure for more experiences!! Thank you so much to the wonderful team.
Of course I give Montenegro Adventure 5 stars!