Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Enjoy this stunning day tour Canyons & Rafting Tara through the magnificent canyons of Tara and Morača with amazing rafting ride on the Tara river. Montenegro has the deepest and most beautiful canyons in Europe. No wonder, because the north of Montenegro is an area of high mountains that is crisscrossed by magnificent canyons, whose beauty leaves no one indifferent. Also, the famous bridge Đurđevića Tara, an architectural masterpiece with five arches 172 meters above this incredible and unique river Tara.
Tara River Canyon takes a proud the second longest in the world after the USA’s Grand Canyon and Europe´s longest canyon. This gorgeous canyon is 80 km long and the 1330 m deep, also under the protection of UNESCO. Canyon Morača is one of the most beautiful canyons, a river that spring in northern Montenegro at the foot of the mountain Rzač, which flows 113 km from north to south and empties into the Skadar Lake.
On this day tour, you will experience the unique Tara river with crystal clear water, wild rapids, and waterfalls. Experienced or not, you will be able to ride on a raft boat and enjoy the impressive views of the river, canyon and mountain peaks. Also, the opportunity to see several cultural and historical treasures. There are no descriptions that convey the attractiveness, natural beauty, enjoyment and all positive that this incredible day tour offers, it must be experienced and seen.
[vooplayer type=”video” id=”MTE2MTEy” ]
According to the itinerary
An amazing day tour for adventurers and nature lovers to experience the beautiful areas and natural resources in northern Montenegro. Throughout this day-tour, besides adventure with a fantastic rafting ride, you can see the phenomenal scenery in the canyons of Tara and Morača. Moreover, you will enjoy the unique Tara river with crystal clear water, wild rapids and waterfalls, well-known for its outstanding beauty.
About 10 km rapids and real rafting adventure on this attractive part of the Tara canyon, river Tara provides true experience in this beautiful green canyon with untouched wild nature. Experienced or not, you will be able to ride on a raft boat and enjoy the impressive views of the river, canyon and mountain peaks.
It’s definitely a day tour to places that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature or activities where everything feels like an adventure. On this day tour Canyons & Rafting Tara with rafting adventure you will get to experience:
We’ll meet about 5 – 10 minute before departing time in the center of Budva (at the bus stop for tourist and excursion buses on the Mediteranska street, near the Hotel Tre Canne), or according to the agreement for a “welcome meeting”.
Please, look closely at our driving schedule where you will get on the bus (minibus).
The day tour starts from Budva or Bečići about half-past seven in the morning via St. Stefan (around 06:45) and Petrovac (around 07:00) and drive towards Skadar Lake. During the journey, we have a fantastic view of Budva Riviera and Skadar Lake. Along the way we make a few short stops to rest, take photos and enjoy the spectacular scenery.
We drive through Podgorica, a city of great importance situated at the biggest flat ground area of Montenegro, as a part of spacious Skadar – Podgorica valley towards Kolašin and northern Montenegro.
The journey continues on the road through the Morača canyon, one of the most spectacular roads in the world with numerous cliff-side bends and tunnels, on the side of the cliffs. We pass by the Monastery Morača from the 13th century. In the upper part of the Morača canyon extending Platije Canyon, which is on average 1000 meters depth.
This road along the edge of the narrow canyon, in essence, will extract the thrill from you, will delight you the beauty of the landscape surrounding you. You can enjoy observing the amazing contrast between steep dark cliffs and green river. At moments, this beauty becomes scary!
After a short sightseeing stop in the Platije, the journey continues to the Tara River canyon with short stops to rest, photography and enjoying the spectacular scenery of this unique canyon and its river.
Arrival at Šljivansko (ll Logor) starting point, a popular place where people meet for whitewater rafting.
Your rafting begins from the coast with a short introduction to paddling practice and safety procedures led by your guide/skipper.
Preparation for safe rafting ride that includes full rafting equipment, neoprene suits, boots, life jackets, anoraks, and helmets. Neoprene suit and boot are very important because they are during the summer tourist season, the water temperature is 10-12 °C. Each raft has a waterproof bag where you can store your mobile phones and cameras.
After preparation and introduction, the rafting starts at a 10 km total raft ride. This rafting Šljivansko to Žugića Luka is a real pleasure and you can enjoy it without much effort!
The rafting from Šljivansko through the famous canyon Tara toward Žugića Luka (Lever Tara), lasts 2-3 hours (depending on the water level) with breaks for photography, swimming, and refreshment, as well as visiting the largest water spring in Europe and also the shortest river in Europe, Ljutica spring.
After the short break at Ljutica we continue through the Trešnjički bukovi (cascades) and pass under the famous and also very popular tourist attraction, Djurdjevića Tara Bridge. This architectural wonder has a height of 172 meters and attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors every year.
After passing Djurdjevica Tara Bridge we go past the Bijele ploče and Archangel’s cascades, a small charming Monastery of St. Arhanđela Mihailo (Archangel Michael) from 14th-century.
A swimming break in the cool green swirls and then continue to Žugića Luka, the endpoint for this ride.
The Žugića Luka (Lever Tara) is an endpoint for the white water rafting. Upon arrival, we leave our equipment and we will change clothes, also have lunch. Before or after lunch you can look at the stone from Roman times in the old Roman passage in the small village of Lever Tara.
We enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine in finger foods, where you can try a phenomenal cheese, cream (kajmak), pies (pita) of meat, cheese, spinach, potato, etc. as well as prosciutto (homemade smoked ham) like sudzhuk (homemade smoked sausage). Of course, we will also take care of you who are vegetarians or vegans, just when booking, please inform.
After lunch, we drive to the meeting place, parking spot behind the “Motel Tara” on the Đurđevića Tara Bridge, or agreement to other places. The views are spectacular and give this landscape an indescribable touch.
Our ride from Žugića Luka takes about twenty minutes through Lever Tara village with spectacular views of the canyon, Djurdjevica (Đurđevića) Tara village as the bridge.
For those adventurous who want to get to the bridge through “ZipLine” instead of our minibus to make the trip even more exciting, we recommend adding popular our Extreme Zipline, the longest and fastest zip line across the Tara River canyon.
(Note: Zipline is not included in the price, cost 25 €. Book in advance)
Take a walk on the bridge and enjoy the view from the famous bridge Djurdjevica Tara, which is an architectural masterpiece with five arches and at a height of 172 meters above the river. During the rafting, you had the opportunity to look at the bridge from the water and get a new perspective on this masterpiece.
Our return journey from the Đurđevića Tara Bridge to Budva is going the same way we came and takes about three and a half hours.
Along the way, we will enjoy of the beautiful views and before we reach Budva we will take a few short breaks for the photo shoot and be delighted of the famous view of Budva Riviera and on the peninsula of St. Stefan.
Arrival in Bečići and Budva about seven o’clock (via Petrovac about 18:30 and St. Stefan about 18:45) on the meeting place for this day tour at the location and agreed time specified in the driving schedule or agreement.
We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize this day tour must be at least 4 people (adults). See our Additional information & Prices for more details or contact us if you have any questions.
• Group 10+ has a discount of 5-10% to the basic price.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing a bus connection or taxi (for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Budva. Also, look closely at the scheduled time and location where will you get on the bus (minibus). We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Budva. The bus stop for tourist and excursion buses on the Mediteranska street.
• Ends on: Budva. The bus stop for tourist and excursion buses on the Mediteranska street.
Your guide also can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want when you are on the spot.
Buses or minibusses depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. Please, double-check our website, voucher or contact travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time. Note, that all boarding/arriving locations available on the website in the itinerary and on the map.
About hotel guests: If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be in a parking lot outside the hotel or in front of the hotel, at the according to the Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations and time specified in the voucher and our website.
About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the boarding point at least 10 minutes before departure.
– If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
– Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this excursion.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
– Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your guide at the start of the day tour.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the day tour and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If you do not arrive at the scheduled time of arrival without having notified Montenegro Adventure in advance, it will be considered a cancellation. Montenegro Adventure pays no compensation for non-arrival under the above conditions and without express authority from Montenegro Adventure.
– Montenegro Adventure informs you of the cancellation costs that amount to 100% of the booking price.
– Price is based on group 4 – 8 participants (adults) and per person, as well as according to the suggested date of a day tour.
– To realize this day tour must be at least 6 people (adults), ie for the 1 – 6 people it’s possible to organize as a “private day tour” (for the price of 6 people).
– If there is an insufficient number of participants during your reservation and you want to book a “private day tour” and pay a deposit, but in the meantime, other people also booked then, the basic price will be calculated. Just give us a notification when booking for this “basic” option.
– The day tour is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
– The day tour can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
– Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the day tour are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate on this rafting ride.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to October
• Distance: 200 km – 3,5 hrs drive. Journey near 400 km
• Duration: About 12 hours.
• Code: FDT – CRTB – 001 – MA
Currency: Euro (€)
Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give a tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the day tour. Hat or cap, sunscreen, and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.
We rafted the Tara River with Montenegro Adventure and it was amazing from start to finish. We were collected from our accommodation in Budva and driven up to the the rafting by Alden. The journey was beautiful and had the opportunity to take photos along the way. Alden also told us lots of interesting things about Montenegro. His passion for Montenegro made us so excited to be there! On arrival the lovely team helped us get ready for the rafting – they provided us with great wet suits. We rafted with two guides both of whom were brilliant!! They controlled the raft with so much skill- I was a bit scared at first but they made me feel completely comfortable!! They taught us how to raft through the rapids and most importantly they did everything they could to make the rafting as fun and exhilarating as possible for us!! After we ate delicious food and plenty of it. The team went above and beyond to make sure we had a brilliant day. It was the best day of our holiday and has us longing to go back to Montenegro Adventure for more experiences!! Thank you so much to the wonderful team ?
Of course I give Montenegro Adventure 5 stars ?