Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
The place where the crystal clear and warm Adriatic Sea embraces the steep slopes of the mountains Lovćen and Orjen, has always attracted attention with its beauty and strategic position.
Numerous civilizations have left their traces in Boka Bay, especially in the old town of Kotor and the town of Perast and that was the reason UNESCO put it under protection in 1978.
If you are a dynamic person who loves exploring new places, learning about culture, history and traditions but also an oenophile – this tour is made for you
Join us on Sightseeing & Wine Tasting in Boka bay tour and enrich yourself with stories about history and culture, and get inspired by exceptional beauty!
According to the itinerary
On this day tour, you will visit two towns under UNESCO – Kotor and Perast and walk through the vineyards of the only winery in the Bay of Kotor – Savina winery.
Kotor is one of the oldest towns on the Adriatic coast, with narrow streets, a lot of noble palaces, churches among which the cathedral of Saint Tryphon stands out with its beauty.
On the other hand, Perast is the cradle of navigation in Montenegro. One of the first maritime schools in the world has opened here! In front of Perast are located two picturesque islands. The artificial island Our Lady of the Rocks waits for you to tell you secrets of seamen!
The last stop on this tour is Savina Monastery and Savina winery, where you will learn about grape growing and wine producing near the sea and taste several local wines, as well as about spirituality in Montenegro!
Highlights of the tour:
We’ll meet about 10 minutes before departing time at the location in Budva / Bečići according to the program or agreement for a “welcome meeting”.
We start from Bečići and Budva, around 8 o’clock in the morning. Safe drive to Kotor along the scenic road with an amazing view of the Adriatic sea.
You will go on a guided walking tour through the old town Kotor, one of the oldest towns on the Adriatic coast. Its cultural and historical heritage built under the influence of Romans, Byzantines, Serbian and Bosnian king, Venetians, Austro-Hungarians, French and Russians was the main reason for putting it under the protection of UNESCO since 1978.
Walking through the numerous squares connected by narrow stone streets, the palaces of noble families will ensure you how powerful and influential Kotor was in the past.
The most noticeable building and the symbol of Kotor is definitely the cathedral of Saint Tryphon, that impresses all visitors by its history and timeless beauty more than 1000 years.
Visiting the Maritime museum you will be introduced in 10 centuries-long maritime history while the Museum of cats will be the perfect spot for cat lovers.
Drive along the scenic road through the Bay of Kotor, the southernmost fjord in Europe and one of the most beautiful bays in the world! A crystal clear Adriatic sea with high mountains in its hinterland impresses every visitor.
Enchanted by the medieval beauty, you will have another historical and cultural shock on the next stop. It is one of the well-preserved baroque towns on the Adriatic coast, with a long maritime history and tradition. Shortly said, you will visit Perast and then take a boat (optional) to the picturesque, boat-shaped islet called “Our Lady of the rocks” that preserve and share secrets of seaman from Perast.
The journey continues along the dramatic road through the Bay of Kotor, with a lot of resorts and traditional stone houses.
Arrival at Savina vineyards. They are located at the entrance of impressive Boka bay, on the estate of the famous monastery Savina from the 11th century. In this place, you will have the opportunity to learn about grape-growing and winemaking in the lavish Mediterranean vegetation and woodland surrounding. The members of the Obradovic family will explain the benefits of wine growing in the coastal area, how they succeed to make light and breezy, summer style of their wines. Also, you will listen to one indigenous white varietal, Žižak (zhizhak).
Tasting of 3 types of wine: Rose, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, accompanied by an even richer selection of local, homemade canape & tapas; olive oil tasting, produced by the estate’s olive groves and finish off with a tasting of their local Grappa digestive – INCLUDED.
Savina Monastery is one of the most beautiful orthodox monasteries in Boka bay with a long history. It consists of three churches. The largest and the most dominant is a church dedicated to the Dormition of the Virgin Mary.
Drive back to the starting point of this amazing day-tour. Passing over the narrowest part of the bay – the Verige Strait, whose width is 300 meters by ferry Lepetane – Kamenari.
We drop you off where we met each other early this morning!
Hope you had a great time with us!
• To realize the arrangement must be at least 4 people, max 16 people (contact us for info). Children can participate but without taking part in tasting wine.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
Please, come 10 minutes before departing time at the meeting place in Budva/Becici according to the itinerary or agreement.
• Starts on: Budva/Becici.
Depart at the scheduled time and location. Your guide can give you more details about the tour.
• Ends on: Budva/Becici.
Arrive at the scheduled time and location in Budva/Becici. Your guide can give you more information about the day tour and any other information you want.
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this day tour.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the day tour.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or location on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the tour and is required to inform the Montenegro Adventure. Cancellation can be made on our website or by e-mail: email@example.com. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the General Terms and Conditions of the Montenegro Adventure, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if it’s not otherwise stated, as follows:
• Free cancellation if cancelled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure.
• It’s possible to organize as a private excursion. (Contact us for details and prices)
• The excursion is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The excursion can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the excursion are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years. Children under 2 go free on this tour.
Children can participate but without taking part in tasting wine.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from April to November
• Duration: 10 hours
• Code: WTS – DTBB– 001 – MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect to tip themselves and will not request any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.