Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
Enjoy a mountain bike ride in the beautiful landscapes of meadows and mountains in Vrulja, as the famous canyon Tara river, and live the dream that people have been fascinating for centuries to be a unique experience for all who participate.
The beginning of the bike trail, which is 38.02 km, is in Vrulja (at 913 m.a.s.l.), to Kosanica, which then continues on asphalt roads to the final destination – Đurđevića Tara Bridge. In the village Djurdjevića Tara, we have lunch with organic food in the beautiful scenery. After lunch, we return to our transportation to the bus.
Wear good shoes, long pants and a camera.
Besides, you have the opportunity to see several cultural and historical treasures.
15 Min Before Biking Time
If you want to experience this beautiful place with the surrounding areas, a special feature of this bike is the beauty of the gorgeous mountain scenery, the winning height of breathtaking and from whose peaks offers fantastic views of the distant horizons of the Canyon Tara.
Experienced or not, you will be able to bike and enjoy the impressive views of the Tara river, mountains peaks and meadows.
It is definitely a place that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature with activities where everything feels like an adventure, to taste delicious organic foods and have fun. You come to experience when you are alone, with your friends or family on your journey with biking on the beautiful village Vrulja:
• We’ll meet about 15 minutes before biking time in Vrulja for a “Welcome to Mountain biking” meeting. Thereafter, transport to the starting point for biking.
• Arrival in the village centre Vrulja, starting point for biking about 5 km from the “meeting point”. Preparing for safe biking.
• Your biking adventure begins with a short introduction to the practice and safety procedures led by your guide.
• Starting is from village Vrulja, continues down the gravel road trail through Maočko polje, then climbs to village Lijeska, Dreljevina, Varine (1160 m.a.s.l.), Strančani (1246 m.a.s.l.), to Kosanica (1207 m.a.s.l.).
• In the following, the trail continues to the main road Pljevlja –Žabljak, continuing through Đurđevića Tara to the intersection where the trail turns right to Kosanica community centre.
• Then trail turns left through the village of Bitine, Lokvice, Zaglavak (1240 m.a.s.l.), moving downhill to Đurđevića Tara where accesses to main road Pljevlja- Žabljak and ends at the Tara river Bridge (785 m.a.s.l.)
• Bike ride to End destination is the Tara river Bridge (785 m.a.s.l.), where we will have a short break and enjoy the view, have lunch and return biking to start point Vrulja.
• Lunch. You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialities of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal barbecue like meatballs, kebabs, burgers, sausages… (ćevapi, ražnjići, pljeskavice, sudžukice…), salad, cheese, cream (kajmak), pies (pita) and bread during the “saće”, doughnuts, pastries and homemade brandy (šljivovica) or juice.
• Return journey to the meeting place, or under the program. Our ride from Vrulja takes about fifty minutes with spectacular views of the surrounding area.
• Arrival at the meeting place in Vrulja, in the hotel, or under the program.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• The program can be modified (eg, If the weather requires, etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted (eg., Depending on conditions, weather, etc.)
• We can organize transport from / to Dubrovnik, Tivat, Budva, Podgorica, Sarajevo, etc.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Vrulja. Also, look closely at the scheduled time and location where will you get on the car, minibus or bus. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Vrulja.
Depart at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Get information beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the activity.
• Ends on: Vrulja.
Arrive at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want.
The car, minibus or bus depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. Please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as a reference only.
• About hotel guests: According to the scheduled time at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, in your own car or bus, you‘ll be at the starting point for the activity at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, boarding and arrival locations and you can also rate the activity after you finished the activity. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the activity.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if cancelled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if cancelled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if cancelled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
• It’s possible to organize an activity as a private solo passenger of 155 €.
• The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity, excursion or tour, as a full day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants in the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate in this activity.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to November
• Length: 38.02 km
• Duration: The whole tour about 5 hours, biking about 3 hours.
• Code: BIKI-BIVR01-MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.