Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
Kayaking on this astounding lake is an experience not to be missed. Paddling in silence, far from the crowds, you will see some of the most spectacular natural and cultural sites in the north of Montenegro. Our trips are suitable from age 7-75 years. Montenegro is a paradise for canoeing.
Kayaking is taking place on the magical Otilovići lake,with beautiful meanders on the river Ćehotina, with wiew on the monasteries and the remains of the once great tower Otilova. Experience kayaking in this picturesque meanders, through Otilovićko lake with swimming in the lake.
The kayaks are stable and of high quality and we can also borrow other kayaking equipment.
20 Min Before Kayaking Time
Kayaking on Otilovići Lake is one of the most popular activities that can take place on the lake. Given the characteristics of the lakes that allow this activity to take place from April to November, kayaking is the right choice for water sports lovers. It is possible to reach all hidden places and enjoy the nature without any noise.
The lake is artificial, built on the river Ćehotina. In the beautiful landscape of the lake, there is a monastery Dubočica with the church of St. Nikola. This monastery was originally built in the 16th century in the village of Dubočica, but the church was moved and completely restored due to the construction of the lake.
Certainly, something that attracts most attention on this lake are meanders. This is something that you really need to see, and precisely because of them, the Otilovići Lake is probably the nicest in this area.
The view of the meanders is of course spectacular … The water level is high, the meanders are full of water and attract with its beautiful green water …
It is definitely a place that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature with activities where everything feels like adventure, to taste delicious organic foods and have fun. Come to experience when you are alone, with your friends or family on your adventure with a kayaking on the beautiful Lake Otilovići:
• We’ll meet about 20 minutes before kayaking time on the parking lot of the hotel Oazza in Pljevlja for a “Welcome to Kayak” meeting. Thereafter, transport to the starting point for kayaking.
• Arrival at Otilovićko lake, starting point for kayaking. Preparing for safe kayaking. Full equipment including neoprene suits and boots, life jackets, anoraks and helmets. Each kayak has a waterproof bag where you can store your mobile phones and cameras.
• Your kayak adventure begins from the coast with a short introduction to paddling practice and safety procedures led by your guide / skipper.
• Departing kayak, through the very attractive areas of the Otilovićko Lake . Ride of the kayak lasts 3 hours (depending on the water level) with breaks for photography and swimming.
• Rowing starts from the shore of the lake to the meanders, and then continues to the Dubočica Monastery and Church of St. Nikola.
• Kayak ride end destination Otilovići Reservoir, where we will change clothes and have a lunch.
• Lunch. You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal barbecue like meatballs, kebabs, burgers, sausages… (ćevapi, ražnjići, pljeskavice, sudžukice…), salad, cheese, cream (kajmak), pies (pita) and bread during the “saće”, donuts, pastries and homemade brandy (šljivovica) or juice.
• Return journey to the meeting place on the parking lot of the hotel Oazza in Pljevlja, or under the program.
• Our ride from Lake Otilovići takes about twenty minutes with very spectacular view of surrounding area.
•Arrival to the meeting place on parking lot of the hotel Oazza, or under the program.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing a bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Pljevlja. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the bus (minibus). We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Pljevlja.
Depart at the scheduled time and location from Pljevlja or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the excursion.
• Ends on: Pljevlja.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location on Pljevlja or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the excursion and any other information you want.
Buses or minibuses depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. You might find similar bus stops throughout the city or in the same area. Because boarding and arrival locations can change through the year, please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the driving schedule at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the boarding point at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this excursion.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the excursion.
• All changes are subject to availability and a price increase or equivalent administrative charge imposed on the holder of the credit card used during the booking process.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or location on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left. Montenegro Adventure also reserves the right not to offer the excursion if the ordered service differs too much from the service booked at the first opportunity. Changes made less than 48 hours before scheduled departure time are not allowed unless the transfer provider or destination requires otherwise.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the excursion and is required to inform the Montenegro Adventure. Cancellation can be made on our website or by e-mail: email@example.com. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the General Terms and Conditions of the Montenegro Adventure, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if it’s not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
Montenegro Adventure will refund you the amount you have paid, less the cancellation fees incurred with respect to the service provider.
• If you do not arrive at the scheduled time of arrival without having notified Montenegro Adventure in advance, it will be considered a cancellation. Montenegro Adventure pays no compensation for non-arrival under the above conditions and without express authority from Montenegro Adventure. • Montenegro Adventure informs you of the cancellation costs that amount to 100% of the booking price.
• It’s possible to organize as a private excursion of 490 €, 1 – 7 people (70 € per person).
• The excursion is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The excursion can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the excursion are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians, must be 2-12 years. Children under 7 years can’t participate in this activity.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from April to November
• Distance: About 13.9 km – 20 minutes drive
• Duration: 5 hours.
• Code: FDE – KTOL – 011 – MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.