Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Ljubišnja is a magnificent mountain in the north of Montenegro between the rivers Tara and Ćehotina, a mountain that fascinates with beauty and scares with wilderness. Its highest peak Dernečište is located at 2238 meters. A robust and mighty mountain, covered with centuries-old forest, has always attracted the attention and admiration from lovers of wild and untouched nature, as suck in as fear in the pores of those who do not know it. Also, it’s known for various endemic and medicinal plants.
The mountain endowed with thick coniferous and deciduous forests, mountain sources and springs, as well as pastures and meadows make a unique unified whole. Ljubišnja is a mountain in which the visitor falls in love at first sight because it provides perfect peace and enjoyment in the blissful smells of conifers and deciduous. That’s why mount got this nice name. Often snow is kept in the summer, and in winter it falls to several meters when the villages and hamlets are completely cut off.
According to the itinerary
A special feature of this Hiking Ljubišnja – Dernjačišta (2238 m), is the beauty of the fantastic mountain scenery of the spectacular height and breathtaking viewpoints from whose provides amazing views of the distant horizon of towards the mountains of Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Serbia. From the top of the Dernečište is a beautiful view ie Durmitor, Sinjajevina, Bjelasica, Moračke planine, Maglić, Volujak, Jahorina, Treskavica, Zlatibor, Zelengora, Zlatar and others. The valley of the Drina River and the town of Foča can be seen from the picked place.
During the walk through the dense forest of centuries-old trees of coniferous trees and hardwoods, you will find several sources of drinking water. If some kind of whinny or neigh is heard, it means that mountain horses are somewhere nearby, enjoying their realm of freedom. And if one mumbling is heard, it is certainly close to one of the bears from this peaceful mountain.
It is definitely a mountain that should be visited, and on this exciting tour you will get to experience:
We’ll meet about 5 – 10 minutes before mentioned Hiking Ljubišnja – Dernjačišta (2238 m) tour in the center of Pljevlja (at the main street in front of the Sahat Kula (Clock Tower), across from the city park, or according to the agreement) for a “welcome meeting”. Please, look closely the driving schedule where will you get on the bus (minibus).
We drive through Pljevlja municipality toward Ljubišnja, a town on the North of Montenegro in the center of an extensive Pljevlja basin at the foot of the Golubinja hill. The town is located at 770m, and lies on the three rivers that run through the city: Ćehotina, Breznica, and Vezišnica, and nearby are the canyon of the Tara River as well as the beautiful mountain Ljubišnja and other mountains Kovač, Crni Vrh, Lisac… The city is the center of the energy potential of Montenegro, an important industrial, cultural and educational center.
From the old part of the city, the Sahat-Kula (Clock-tower) and the Husein-paša’s Mosque built-in 1562, are preserved. From the old monuments of culture in Pljevlja area, the Holy Trinity Monastery from the 15th century, located in the immediate vicinity of Pljevlja, in a bay surrounded by forests. The Romans had a town built on the ruins of their town, and it was called Municipium S, located in the Komini neighborhood.
Our journey to Ljubišnja were local road Pljevlja – Gradac – Šula (Pljevlja – Gradac section is 23 km long), where after a few kilometers the road is separated for the village Vrba and Popov to, in the length of about 10 km. The section of the road to Popov Dol is asphalted.
We turned left on a road that leads to the village Vrba, and from the Vrba to the starting point for hiking of the Trišova poljana (field) to continue, about 10 km, by a forest road reached under the top of Ljubišnja.
Arrival at Trišova poljana (at the parking by the mountain house Jezerac) the starting point for hiking about 45 km and one and a half-hour drive from the “meeting point” in Pljevlja, from where we continue hiking after a short break.
Preparing for safe hiking. Hiking begins with a short introduction to practice and safety procedures led by your guide. Water can be supplied at the spring in Trišova poljana, as well as at the spring near field Jezerac at the beginning of our hike.
After arrival at the start point to hike and necessary preparations for the hike as well as toilet needs if necessary, short briefing and preparing for safe and nice hiking. The Hiking Ljubišnja – Dernjačišta (2238 m) begins with a short introduction and safety procedures led by your guide.
After preparation and introduction, the hiking starts at about 5 km total hiking – 2,6 km of the gentle ascent hiking, 2,6 km of descent hiking. The difficulty of this The Hiking Ljubišnja – Dernjačišta (2238 m) is medium-difficult.
During the hiking, you will enjoy the view of the beautiful surroundings and fascinating views of this unique and beautiful mild mountain. The total area of Ljubišnja is 51 km2, and one small part extends in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Let’s mention the other peaks of Ljubišnja: Mala Ljubišnja (2073 m), Vojnovac (1900 m) and Goli Vjetrenik (1870 m). The Hiking Ljubišnja – Dernjačišta (2238 m) is a real pleasure and you can have it afford without much effort!
After a short break on the Trišova Poljana, hiking continues to the highest peak Dernjačišta (2238 m). The trail descends slightly in the middle of the field, and then through a rarefied wood, the path leads to a smaller saddle towards the top. The top of the peak of Ljubišnje lies in front of you.
The marked trail continues through a wide valley and goes down half-left sideways slope of the hillside. Otherwise, it can be said that this is the “natural” direction of movement to the top for that terrain, which previously extended further to the ridge, and so the top approached from the left. However, the trail is not maintained and it is covered with dense dwarf mountainpine, and thus created a variant of the rise – which after coming to the central position, you go straight up, heading towards the highest peak of Dernajcište. Markings are poorly visible because they are mostly found on tiny stones on the ground, covered with grass and dwarf mountainpine. By passing the rock part, there remains a smaller section of the path that leads between the dwarf pine and you are soon on top!
The top is a large, flattened, elongated hill, mostly overgrown with dwarf pine which closes the views to the north and east. The most beautiful view from the top of Ljubišnja is to the south and west: to Bjelasica, Komovi, Sinjavina, Drage and Tara canyons, Durmitor massif, Volujak, Maglić, Romanija, Jahorina… In nature on the top, we have lunch and taste with organic food from our lunchbox in the beautiful scenery with excellent view from the Dernjačište peak. After lunch, we hike down from the top to the Dernjačište peak. On the way back to the Trišova Poljana, we take the same way, where the hike is over.
Arriving at a traditional mountain house Jezerac in the Trišova Poljana through the rocky and grassy paths, partly through the forest. At the mountain house, we will take a short break and do the toilet needs before returning.
During the return journey through the mountain villages, you will see the typical rural architecture of this mountainous area. We will stop for well-made efforts in the villages and taste the famous pljevaljski sir (Pljevlja cheese), as well as other products of this mountainous area. On the Ljubišnja’s farms, the cordial and welcoming owners run their own organic food production that is served to the visitors of the Ljubišnja mountain.
The end of the amazing hiking tour on the Hiking Ljubišnja – Dernjačišta (2238 m), and you’ll be given a transfer back to meeting point in town Pljevlja, or agreement.
Arrival at meeting place in the center of Pljevlja at the main street in front of the Sahat Kula (Clock Tower across from the city park (or at the place as agreed or according to the itinerary) for a “welcome meeting”. Or, the starting point for the tour at the location and agreed time specified in the voucher according to the daily program or agreement.
We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize this activity must be at least 4 people (adults). See our Additional information & Prices for more details, or contact us if you have any questions.
• Group 10+ has a discount of 5-10% to the basic price.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety, etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come least 10 minutes before the welcome meeting and departing time based on the itinerary or by the agreement. Also, look closely your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct meeting point location and time. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: In the center of Pljevlja (see itinerary, or by agreement)
• Ends on: In the center of Pljevlja (see itinerary, or by agreement)
Your guide also can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want when you are on the spot.
About hotel guests: According to the planned program for Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations and times. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher, or by agreement.
About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before welcome meeting and departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
– If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
– Confirm the booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact us.
– Please, confirm the booking immediately during the booking process if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
– Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. My Account includes all information, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, meeting point location and you can also rate the activity after you finished it. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
– Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your guide at the welcome meeting.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
– Price is based on group 4 – 8 participants (adults) and per person, as well as according to the suggested date of the activity.
– To realize this activity must be at least 4 people (adults), ie for the 1 – 3 people it’s possible to organize as “private activity” (for the price of 4 people).
– If there is an insufficient number of participants during your reservation and you want to book a “private activity” and pay a deposit, but in the meantime, other people also booked then, the basic price will be calculated. Just give us a notification when booking for this “basic” option.
– The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
– The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
– Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate in this activity.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, mostly May – Nov
• Start trail: Trišova Poljana – 1808 m
• Finish trail: Ljubišnja, top Dernajčišta – 2238 m
• Height difference: About 430 meters
• Trail length: 2.6 km – Total hike length about 5,5 km
• The time required for the ascent: 1 h 30 m
• Difficulty: Medium difficult route
• Duration: Hike around 5 hours, a full tour of about 8 hours
• Water on the track: Yes, on Trišova Poljana
• Dangers: No
• Marking: Yes.
• Code: FDA – HLJD – 001 – MA
Currency: Euro (€)
Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.