Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Durmitor is the most beautiful mountain of Montenegro where the tectonic activity and erosion, river and glacier, created mountainous world of magnificent, which is a good place for hiking to see in one day. With peaks, glacial valleys, and a handful of mountain lakes, here known as “mountain eyes”. The sharp peaks and ridges make it an ideal place for hiking in winter and summer. In a relatively small area of the massif of Durmitor, even has 48 peaks over 2000 m, of which 40 over 2100m, 27 over 2200 m, 18 over 2300 m, 7 over 2400 m and one over 2500 meters (Bobotov kuk).
In the same area there are 17 lakes above 1400 m, of which 11 above 1500 m, 1600 m above 9, 4 above 1700 m, two over 2000m (Green vortex and Milos pool), and the deepest is the Black Lake (49 m). In the same area there are 27 marked and unmarked trails 12. Marked trails has more than 2000 km and pass through all parts of Durmitor, and discover all the beauty of this national park.
15 Min Before Hiking Time
If you want to experience this beautiful place with the surrounding areas, a special feature of this hike is the beauty of the gorgeous mountain scenery, the winning height of breathtaking and from whose peaks offers fantastic views of the distant horizons of Piva and Tara, and the highest mountains of Albania, Serbia and Bosnia (Prokletije, Kopaonik and Zelengora).
Experienced or not, you will be able to hike and enjoy the impressive views of the glacial lakes, mountains peaks and meadows.
It is definitely a place that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature with activities where everything feels like adventure, taste delicious organic foods and have fun. You come to experience when you take yourself, your friends or family on your journey with hiking on the famous Durmitor:
• We’ll meet about 15 minutes before hiking time on parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak for a “welcome meeting”. Thereafter, transport to the start point for hiking.
• The Saddle pass (Prevoj Sedlo) is located at 1907 m above sea level, between the Sedlena greda (beam) and Uvita greda 2199 m above sea level. From Žabljak we drive to Šavnik, and at the exit of Žabljak we turn to Trsa and Piva Lake. After the turn, follows 14 kilometers of narrow asphalt road to the Sedlo pass, which should be very careful of the traffic from the opposite direction.
• Arrival at The Saddle pass (Prevoj Sedlo), starting point for hiking about 17 km from the “meeting point”. Preparing for safe hiking. Hiking begins with a short introduction to practice and safety procedures led by your guide.
• Departing hiking, through the very attractive areas on the Saddle pass (Prevoj Sedlo) and surrounding. The climb first leads on the lawn, then across the moraines and finally come into sharper rise gone out of to the saddle between Sedlene grede and Vjetrenih brda at 2231 m. In this part of the climb leads to kuloár through which can climb to the pass. In that part of the rise overcomes the height difference of 100 meters. If you are not a skilled climber, do not go through kuloár, but skip it and continue climbing up the left side, well-established and non-hazardous, partly grassy trail.
• In the following, the trail leads up and down through the valley, which is called Surutka, passing through it comes to pass which offers very nice view of Bobotov kuk. Beneath the is a great cliff and at the bottom a little lake Zeleni Vir. This lake is located at the highest altitude in Durmitor. There should be a break before the final very sharp uphill to the pass at the foot of the peak Bobotov kuk at 2523 m.
• From Zeleni vir trail begins sharply shin, in curves, through the green slope clenched between Đevojke and Lučin vrh, get out of the saddle on the right side Bobotov kuk, and then moving to the left to a small ridge on the left side that connects Bobotov Kuk and Đevojka. This is Škrčka pogled (shrinkage view) at 2420 m, the best place where you can see Škrčka lake and river canyon Sušice. The trail goes behind Bobotov kuk and his right side heads it behind on the top.
• This part of the climb is a lot sharp but has no heavy elements if it is performed at a time when there is no snow. If there is snow, to overcome this slope is needed climbing equipment (crampons, ice ax, rope, helmet). The climb itself, to the peak begins to pass on the east side, leads under a rock on its western side, where the next pass. For this part of the winter conditions also need climbing equipment.
• Climb to End destination the top Bobotov Kuk, where we will have a short break and enjoy the view, return hiking to start point Sedlo.
• Lunch paket. You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal sandwich or baguette with cheese cream (kajmak) and smoked prosciutto, water or juice and some fruit.
• Return journey from start point Sedlo to the meeting place at the Žabljak, or under the program.
Our ride from Sedlo takes about twenty minutes through Durmitor`s village with spectacular views of the surrounding area of Durmitor and Žabljak.
• Arrival to the meeting place on parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak, in hotel, or under the program. Hiking tour End point Žabljak, the town is in the center of the Durmitor mountain region and with an altitude of 1,456 meters, it is the highest situated town on the Balkans.
• After hiking you can look The Black Lake is a must see here and it’s part of the national park, so you’ll need to pay the €3 per person entrance fee when you go. Children under 7 go free. There’s a 4km walking track around the edge of the lake. It’s an easy path (there are a few steps in places) through the forest and there are lots of places to stop for picnic and to enjoy the view.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize this program there must be least 6 people (less on request).
• Group 10+ has a discount of about 5-10% on the basic price. The program can be modified (eg,If the weather requires, etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted (eg.,Depending on conditions, rafting, etc.)
• We can organize transport from / to Dubrovnik, Tivat, Budva, Podgorica, Sarajevo, etc.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Žabljak. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the car, minibus or bus. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak.
Depart at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the activity.
• Ends on: parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want.
The car, minibus or bus depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. Please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the scheduled time at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the starting point for activity at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, boarding and arrival locations and you can also rate the activity after you finished the activity. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the activity.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
• It’s possible to organize activity as a private solo passenger of 155 €.
• The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity, excursion or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians, must be 2-12 years.
Children under 12 years can’t participate on this activity.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to November
• Length: About 5,6 km.
• Duration: Whole tour about 8 hours, hiking about 5-6 hours.
• Code: HIKI-BKSE01-MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.