Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
Located in Southeastern Europe among the high mountains and splashed by waves of the warm and crystal clear Adriatic Sea, Montenegro is a treasure full of natural, cultural and historical gems!
From the south to the north, from the east to the west of the country, prepare your cameras and feet for exploring extraordinary places and learning about the centuries-long culture and history of fearless people from the Balkans!
According to the itinerary
Montenegro is a real paradise for nature lovers so this tour is reserved for exploring the breathtaking sites of our country, three national parks, and two impressive canyons! The chance to have a memorable experience and to spend time in the majestic and unique places is in front of you. On you is to grab it!
This tour starts from Budva, Montenegrian metropolis of tourism. Driving along the scenic road next to the Adriatic sea, we will have a first stop for catching a panoramic view of the gorgeous island Sveti Stefan. The journey continues across the mountains to the National park “Skadar Lake” and fishing village Virpazar.
NP “Skadar lake” is established in 1952, it is the largest lake in the Balkans and one of the largest birds reserves in Europe! Earlier in the past, before moving the capital to the Cetinje, the capital of Montenegro was in Zabljak Crnojevica, on the Skadar lake. Also, this area is famous for grape growing and wine producing, so during your wandering in Virpazar, you can have a glass of wine in some of the many traditional restaurants!
On our way to the next National park “Biogradska Gora”, we will have a panoramic drive through the Skadar lake area as well as the canyon of river Moraca, also known as canyon Platije. The road is reflected in a total of 32 tunnels, some of which run for miles through the rocky interior of the mountains, and some just like arches, cut through a large rock.
The second national park established in 1952 is NP “Biogradska Gora”, located in the central part of Montenegro. The most striking part of the national park is definitely Biograd Lake, which reflects the mountain peaks and trees of one of the three preserved rainforests in Europe!
One of the most beautiful bridges in the world and architectural masterpiece – Djurdjevica Tara Bridge we will reach after passing through the stunning scenery of the second deepest canyon in the world – Tara River Canyon! After sightseeing walk over the bridge, road up to the last point of this tour – Black lake, the glacial lake of striking beauty located in National park “Durmitor”.
NP “Durmitor” is a third national park established in 1952 and the place included in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1980. On the territory of 39,000 ha of the protected natural zone, there are 48 mountain peaks at an altitude of 2,000m among which is the second-highest peak of Montenegro – Bobotov Kuk (2523m) and 18 glacial lakes. There are also 5 canyons here and 748 mountain springs here.
Back to Budva/Becici, the starting point of this tour via dramatic road with fantastic views of mountains, Montenegrin villages and towns – Niksic and Podgorica.
We’ll meet about 10-15 minute before departing time at the location according to the program or agreement in Budva / Bečići for a “welcome meeting”.
About 6.30h, drive toward Virpazar via Sveti Stefan and Petrovac. A short stop for taking photos of Sveti Stefan.
Sightseeing of the most popular fishing village and starting point for a large number of boat tours on Skadar Lake.
Time for a traditional coffee and taking photos of Skadar lake.
The journey continues toward National Park “Biogradska Gora” and picturesque Biograd lake. Drive along the scenic road with amazing views of Skadar lake, the city of Podgorica and the impressive canyon Platije.
Sightseeing of Biograd lake, walking through one of three preserved rainforests in Europe. Time for lunch in the national restaurant.
After a journey through the area full of fantastic landscapes of Tara River and surrounding mountains, arrive at Djurdjevica Tara Bridge, an architectural masterpiece above the second deepest canyon in the world.
Arrive at National Park “Durmitor” and the most beautiful glacial lake in Montenegro. Walkthrough the coniferous forest to the lake, at the foot of Medjed peak. Time for a coffee and taking amazing photos!
Arrive in Budva and Bečići, the starting point for this amazing tour, outside the hotel, at the agreed time specified in the voucher, according to the daily program or arrangement.
We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
Please, come 10 minutes before departing time at the meeting place in Budva/Becici according to the itinerary or agreement.
• Starts on: Budva/Becici.
Depart at the scheduled time and location. Your guide can give you more details about the tour.
• Ends on: Budva/Becici.
Arrive at the scheduled time and location in Budva/Becici. Your guide can give you more information about the day tour and any other information you want.
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this day tour.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the day tour.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or location on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the tour and is required to inform the Montenegro Adventure. Cancellation can be made on our website or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the General Terms and Conditions of the Montenegro Adventure, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if it’s not otherwise stated, as follows:
• Free cancellation if cancelled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure.
• It’s possible to organize as a private excursion. (Contact us for details and prices)
• The excursion is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The excursion can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the excursion are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years. Children under 2 go free on this tour.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to October
• Duration: 14 hours
• Code: GDM – DTMA– 001 – MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect to tip themselves and will not request any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.