Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Fishing is another activity with a long tradition in our region. It is essential to know that this is for fly-fishing only and the principle is catch and release.
Part of the river Tara between Kolasin and Mojkovac belongs to Biogradska Gora National Park and is under special protection. This part of Tara is about 5 km long and is very suitable for fly-fishing and is only allowed for fly-fishing, according to catch and release regulations.
The fly-fishing zone is inhabited exclusively with salmonid fish species: Grayling, brown trout and hucho hucho. The most substantial part of the fish stock makes grayling.
Tara River comes from rivers Opasanica and Veruša beneath the mountain Komovi, in northern Montenegro. Its length is 140.5 km with an average decrease of 4.5 m / km and a river basin surface of 1853 km².
Tara River Canyon is the deepest in Europe and second in the world after the Grand Canyon, and its water is one of the cleanest on the continent of Europe and therefore refers to as “The Tear of Europe.” The more significant part of Tara (including the canyon) is under UNESCO protection.
15 Min Before Fly Fishing Time
These fly fishing zones are very rich in fish, and there have been examples of a trophy catch. The real attraction for all lovers of fly fishing is grayling which is most common in our rivers. Because of the ideal conditions and water quality, large fish specimens can be caught.
There are numerous factors that in a certain way have an impact on the success of fishing. First of all, the weather conditions on the water that day. There are days when you have to put extra effort to catch a good fish. Luckily, there is a small number of such days and all those who come eventually leave satisfied.
The experience of the guides combined with well-made flies is proof for a successful day on the river. You should be prepared for a more prolonged walk, but apart from that, we can offer packages that are adjusted to your abilities and wills.
We’ll meet about 15 minutes before fly fishing time ( or agreed time ) on the Petrol station “Pavgord” at Mojkovac or in the parking of the Motel “Tara“ by Djurdjevica Tara Bridge for a “Welcome to Fly Fishing Tara” meeting.
After that, transport to the starting point for fly fishing.
Arrival at Mušičarski revir, the starting point for fly fishing, 1.7 km upstream from the meeting point.
Preparing for safe fly fishing.
Your fly fishing adventure begins with a short introduction to practice led by your guide.
Our fly fishing adventure starts from the Mušičarski Revir.
This part of Tara is about 5 km long and is very suitable for fly-fishing. Also, this part of Tara River is only allowed for fly fishing, according to catch and release regulations.
This fly-fishing zone is inhabited exclusively with salmonid fish species:
• Brown trout
• Hucho hucho
The largest part of the fish stock makes grayling.
You Fish to the End destination, where we will have a short break and enjoy the view, have lunch and return to start point.
Afterward, you will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine, where you can try a tasty sandwich or a baguette with cheese cream (kajmak) and smoked prosciutto, water or juice and some fruit.
Return journey from start point to the meeting place at the Petrol station “Pavgord” at Mojkovac, or in the parking of the Motel “Tara“ by Djurdjevica Tara Bridge, in the hotel, or under the program. Our ride takes about ten minutes through spectacular views of the surrounding area and Tara river.
Arrival to the meeting place on the Petrol station “Pavgord” at Mojkovac, or in the parking of the Motel “Tara“ by Djurdjevica Tara Bridge, in the hotel, or under the program.
We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize this program there must be least 2 people.
• Group 10+ has a discount of about 5-10% on the basic price.
• The program can be modified (eg,If the weather requires, etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted (eg.,Depending on conditions, weather, winds, etc.)
• We can organize transport from / to Dubrovnik, Tivat, Budva, Podgorica, Sarajevo, etc.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Mojkovac. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the car, minibus or bus. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: on the Petrol station “Pavgord” at Mojkovac.
Depart at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the activity.
• Ends on: on the Petrol station “Pavgord” at Mojkovac.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want.
The car, minibus or bus depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. Please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the scheduled time at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the starting point for activity at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, boarding and arrival locations and you can also rate the activity after you finished the activity. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the activity.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
• It’s possible to organize activity as a private solo passenger of 290 €.
• The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity, excursion or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children are not allowed on this tour.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: 1 May to 1 October
• Length: About 5-6 km.
• Duration: Whole tour about 8 hours, fly fishing about 6.5-7 hours.
• Code: FITA-FFMK01-MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.