Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
Montenegro is a country famous for the areas of exceptional beauty such as the Adriatic sea, glacial lakes, high peaks and amazing rivers and canyons. So, we use these gems of nature for different activities like hiking, rafting, kayaking, fly fishing etc. The most popular rivers for fishing are Tara, Cehotina, Piva, Lim, Morača, Mrtvica, Zeta etc. So, during your visit to Northern Montenegro, one day has to be reserved for fly fishing in the water of the Cehotina River and its picturesque surrounding!
Cehotina is the third-longest river in Montenegro, and as a right tributary, it flows into the Drina River in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It flows through many villages in the municipality of Pljevlja but the most famous fishing village is Rabitlje since there is the cleanest part of the river.
Rabitlje is a village nearby the Pljevlja, where people primarily engage in agriculture, and in recent years it has become a significant fishing village. The fishing grounds are arranged, the benches were erected on the bank and the river is enriched with salmonid fish species. The most common types of fish are:
15 Min Before Fly Fishing Time
Prepare yourself for amazing fly fishing in the wild, sparkling and green Ćehotina River, surrounded by unblemished nature. No matter if you are an experienced fisherman or a beginner, our guide will guide you into the basics of fishing so a fantastic day, unforgettable day activity and surprising adventure are guaranteed!
We will walk along the river, to the dam so that you will be able to get to know the beauties of this area and to try various fishing techniques from different places.
During this day activity, the lunch box is provided. It won’t be a fish that you caught since the fishing is based on the principle “catch-and-release”. We prepare for you a delicious sandwich or baguette with traditional cheese cream (kajmak) and smoked prosciutto, water or juice and some fruit.
Highlights of the tour:
We’ll meet about 10 minutes before starting the tour, in front of the Community Hall in Pljevlja, at the parking lot of your accommodation for a “Welcome to Fly Fishing Ćehotina – Rabitlje” meeting or at Rabitlje village (in case you arrive at your own car).
Transfer to the Rabitlje village, the starting point of the fly fishing tour.
Arrival at Rabitlje village, the starting point of the fly fishing tour.
Preparing for fishing. This day activity begins with a short introduction to the fishing practice led by your guide.
Your fly fishing adventure begins with a short introduction to practice led by your guide.
Fishing boots, vest, poles, and good mood are necessary to start an unforgettable fly-fishing tour. You will enjoy walking and fishing along the river, surrounded by lush vegetation.
This fly-fishing zone is inhabited exclusively with salmonid fish species:
• Brown trout
• Hucho hucho
The largest part of the fish stock makes grayling.
Walking upstream you will really enjoy fishing in the wild scenery, accompanied by the song of different sorts of birds. We will have a short break and enjoy the lunch box and then return fly fishing to the start point.
You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialities of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal sandwich or baguette with cheese cream (kajmak) and smoked prosciutto, water or juice, and some fruit.
Return to the start point for fly fishing.
Returning of equipment and preparing for transfer to Pljevlja.
Our ride takes about thirty minutes through amazing views of the surrounding area and Ćehotina river.
Arrive at the meeting place, the hotel, or under the program.
We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the weather, the safety, etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• We can organize transport from / to Dubrovnik, Tivat, Budva, Podgorica, Sarajevo, etc.
Please, come 5 – 10 minutes before departing time at the “meeting place” after the itinerary, or agreement. Also, look closely at the scheduled time and location. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Pljevlja, Community Hall, at the parking lot of your accommodation or at Rabitlje village (in case you arrive in your own car)
Depart at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Get information beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the activity.
• Ends on: Pljevlja, Community Hall, at the parking lot of your accommodation or at Rabitlje village (in case you arrive in your own car)
Arrive at the scheduled time and location, or agreement. Your local guide can provide instructions on how to get back to your stay.
All changes are subject to availability and a price increase or equivalent administrative charge imposed on the holder of the credit card used during the booking process.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or location on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left.
Montenegro Adventure also reserves the right not to offer the tour if the ordered service differs too much from the service booked at the first opportunity. Changes made less than 48 hours before scheduled departure time are not allowed unless the transfer provider or destination requires otherwise.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
• If activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
• It’s possible to organize an activity as a private solo fisher of 290 €.
• The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity, day tour (with/without accommodation), or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the itinerary of the stated program.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, boarding and arrival locations and you can also rate the activity after you finished the activity. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the activity.
• Participants on the tour are individuals or small groups.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
• Children under 7 years can’t participate in activities on this tour.
• If you are under 18 you will need parental permission unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, mostly Apr-Oct
• Difficulty: Easy
• Theme & Style: Fly-fishing
• Kid Friendly: Yes. Children need to be able to swim and be supervised by a parent
• Wheelchair Friendly: No.
• Duration: The whole tour for about 9 hours, fly-fishing for about 8 hours.
• Code: FDFC – MAVF – 002
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect to tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give a tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the tour. A hat or cap, sunscreen, and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.