Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
Enjoy this day tour with half-day rafting through the famous canyon Tara in Montenegro, Europe’s deepest, turned only by the Grand Canyon in the USA. The canyon is in the UNESCO register of the world’s natural heritage. Three to four hours and an 18 km rapids ride takes us through the most attractive part of the canyon on the river Tara, from Brštanovica to Šćepan Polje. On this adrenaline tour, you will see beautiful landscapes and experience more than 20 exciting rapids that offer class 3 and class 4 rapids for rafting.
We start early in the morning from Dubrovnik. Along the way, we make a few short stops to rest and enjoy the spectacular scenery, as the largest drinking water reservoir in Europe, Piva lake and crosses the 220-meter high hydropower. Upon arrival at Šćepan Polje, we will jump to “Rafting camp” where you will enjoy a delicious breakfast with specialities of the local cuisine. After finishing rafting relax at a local restaurant overlooking the Tara river, where you can enjoy local specialities. Late afternoon you will be driven back to Dubrovnik.
According to the itinerary
This amazing day tour is created for adventurers and nature lovers who want to enjoy a day away in an exciting adventure in untouched nature. All the time on the tour, aside from adventures with adrenaline rafting, you can see the delightful areas and natural resources. You will enjoy the rafting ride Brštanovica – Šćepan Polje will let you experience and see the last 20 km of the Tara River, known for its outstanding natural wild beauty.
You will enjoy gorgeous landscapes and experience 21 of 50 exciting cascades. Tara river is a 3 to 5 volume level on the international scale of river categorization, and that means the water level varies depending on the seasons. This part of the river has the biggest and most attractive rapids. If you are looking to experience nature or activities where everything feels like an adventure, it’s definitely a tour to places that should be visited. There is also a little chance to encounter wildlife along the slope of the canyon, or you can likewise see grayling, trout, huchen, and carp in Tara’s water.
On this day tour with an amazing adventure you will get to experience:
We’ll meet in the early morning, about 5 – 10 minutes before departing time at half-past six on the bus stop at the street (Ul. dr. Ante Starčevića 76, 20000, Dubrovnik – across the street from the gas station “Lukoil”), or according to the agreement for a “welcome meeting”. Please, look closely at the driving schedule where will you get on the bus (minibus).
Along the way, we make a few short stops to rest and enjoy the spectacular scenery, as the largest drinking water reservoir in Europe, Piva lake and crosses the 220-meter high hydropower.
Upon arrival at Šćepan Polje, about half-past ten, we will go to “rafting camp” where you will taste a delicious breakfast with specialities of the domestic food, where you can try a unique milk cream (kajmak), prosciutto, cheese, milk, hot doughnuts (vreli uštipci), honey…
After a delicious breakfast, meet our staff and other rafters for preparations for rafting start. Full rafting equipment (neoprene suits and boots, life jackets, anoraks, and helmets). Each raft has a waterproof bag where you can store your camera and mobile phones.
Our staff transporting you upstream 15 km along the river Tara to Brštanovica towards starting point for rafting.
Your whitewater rafting begins with a short introduction to paddling practice and safety procedures led by your skipper/guide. The rafting ride starts at the Brštanovica through the famous Tara Canyon toward Šćepan Polje, lasts 3-4 hours (depending on the water level) with stops for photography, refreshment, and swimming as well as visit coldest Tara’s tributary Šipčanica creek. Stop with short breaks on the most beautiful rapids and waterfalls.
Your rafting experience begins with Brštanovički cascades, which is well known for its foamy rapids, followed by a series of cascades like The caves (Pećine) and the pinery (Borovi). Then follows the cascades Varda, Ćelije and Mladički virovi, which are rich with trout, and cascades Vernovića (Upper and Lower) which are the largest slope in the abundance of rapids. After the calm water stream of the river, runs into Grab, Zelenac and Uzlup cascades, but we are now already experienced rafters and we routinely go through them.
Soon we come to the arched Žanj cascades, where we recommend that the rhythm of paddling be accelerated to the Ljutnica cascades. We are coming to the last row of cascades like the Liječevina’s mill, Krsman’s stone (Krsmanov Kamen), and Šipčanica which is an attractive place for a break, before the meeting of the Piva and Tara rivers in the Šcepan Polje (Field), from where they flow together as the Drina river.
Šćepan Polje is an endpoint for the whitewater rafting, at the confluence of the Piva and Tara where the Drina occur, it is our ultimate goal. Upon arrival, we leave our equipment and we will change clothes, as have lunch.
Lunch starting with delicious and very good quality meat (roasted lamb or veal, chicken or fish- trout…) as a delicious various salad. Of course, we will also take care of you who are vegans or vegetarians, just when booking, please inform.
After we have rested and had lunch, we go to our bus and return to Budva. Along the way, we make a few short breaks.
Our journey from the Šćepan Polje takes about three hours with very spectacular views of Piva Lake and the surrounding area as well as Dubrovnik’s coast.
Along the way, we will enjoy the beautiful views and before we reach Dubrovnik we will take a few short breaks for the photoshoot and be delighted with the famous view of Dubrovnik Riviera and on the island Lokrum.
Arrival in Budva on the starting point for this day tour at the location and agreed time specified in the driving schedule according to the daily program or agreement.
We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing a bus connection or taxi (for a fee) for individuals and groups from other parts of Dubrovnik or coastal places.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Dubrovnik. Also, look closely at the scheduled time and location where will you get on the bus (minibus). We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Dubrovnik. The bus stop at the street (Ul. dr. Ante Starčevića 76, (gas station “Lukoil”).
• Ends on: Dubrovnik. The bus stop at the street (Ul. dr. Ante Starčevića 76, (gas station “Lukoil”).
Your guide also can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want when you are on the spot.
Buses or mini-busses depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. Please, double-check our website, voucher or contact the travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time. Note, that all boarding/arriving locations available on the website in the itinerary and on the map.
About hotel guests: If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be in a parking lot outside the hotel or in front of the hotel, according to the Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations and time specified in the voucher and our website.
About other guests: If you come on your own, in your own car or bus, you‘ll be at the boarding point at least 10 minutes before departure.
– If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
– Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this excursion.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
– Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your guide at the start of the day tour.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the day tour and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if cancelled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if cancelled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if cancelled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If you do not arrive at the scheduled time of arrival without having notified Montenegro Adventure in advance, it will be considered a cancellation. Montenegro Adventure pays no compensation for non-arrival under the above conditions and without express authority from Montenegro Adventure.
– Montenegro Adventure informs you of the cancellation costs that amount to 100% of the booking price.
– Price is based on group 4 – 8 participants (adults) and per person, as well as according to the suggested date of a day tour.
– To realize this day tour must be at least 4 people (adults), ie for the 1 – 3 people it’s possible to organize as a “private day tour” (for the price of 4 people).
– If there is an insufficient number of participants during your reservation and you want to book a “private day tour” and pay a deposit, but in the meantime, other people also booked then, the basic price will be calculated. Just give us a notification when booking for this “basic” option.
– The day tour is possible to arrange from other parts of Dubrovnik or coastal places for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
– The day tour can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
– Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the day tour are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate on this rafting ride.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to October
• Distance: 180 km – 3,5 hrs drive. Journey near 360 km
• Duration: About 12 hours.
• Code: FDT – DUSP – 001 – MA
Currency: Euro (€)
Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect to tip themselves and will not request any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give a tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. A hat or cap, sunscreen, and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.