Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
The historical postcard of Montenegro, the old royal capital Cetinje with its many museums and charming streets. This town is situated at the foothill of Mountain Lovćen, a unique natural and historical monument of Montenegro- its sacred place. Through the national park, Lovćen is known for authentic and unspoiled natural beauty one arrives at the top of the mountain enjoys the magnificent view of the surrounding area and climbs to one of the highest positioned mausoleums in the world.
From all sides, Cetinje is bordered by the stony rocks, which create a jagged relief of funnel-shaped depressions, coves as well as high peaks. Cetinje lies on the very edge of the National park Lovćen, with the peaks Štirovnik, the highest point (1 749 m), on which a TV tower and Jezerski Vrh (1 660 m) which rises above the field of Njegusi, are found.
Tivat & Tivat or by agreement (Google Maps)
According to the itinerary
We will spend this day getting acquainted with the history of Montenegro and the everyday life of Montenegrins. We will visit the old royal capital – Cetinje, popularly named as “Town Museum”, see the residences of the Montenegrin ruler – Billiarda, King Nikola’s palace, Cetinje Monastery. You will find out why Montenegrin ruler Ivan Crnojevic chose this place as his new capital and how it helped people to survive.
Experience one of Montenegro’s most sacred places, the magnificent mausoleum of Petar II Petrović Njegoš, the highest mausoleum in the world perched on the mountaintop Jezerski Vrh (1657m) which its second-highest Lovćen’s peak. the beauty of the fantastic mountain scenery of the spectacular height and breathtaking viewpoints that provides amazing views of the distant horizon of Bokakotorska Bay and the Adriatic Sea.
We’ll meet about 5 minutes before the departing time of the mentioned Cetinje & Njegoš Mausoleum tour in the centre of Tivat at the agreed place.
In the centre of the town, you will see the bequest of the most important Montenegrins, the Petrovic Dynasty, which ruled the country for over 200 years: Biljarda – the residence of the bishop, writer, and philosopher Petar II Petrović Njegoš, King Nikola’s Palace, Monastery of Cetinje…
By visiting King Nikola’s palace our tour guide will introduce you to the life of the Royal Family Petrović.
Also, we visit Cetinje Monastery. You will find out why Montenegrin ruler Ivan Crnojević chose this place as his new capital and how it helped people to survive.
We drive through Cetinje towards the Njeguši Village where you have the opportunity to taste incredible domestic products.
Lunch in an amazing restaurant, where you will have an opportunity to get the know better how people produce the traditional specialities – smoked ham, cheese, and fantastic drink wines.
You can visit the house in which Njegoš was born. This is a small stone house, very simple and modest, located near the road passing through the village of Njeguši.
Optional: If you want we can organize for your a demonstration of preparing Montenegrin Ham (Njeguši) and tasting local wines and cheeses.
National Park Lovćen in southwestern Montenegro and Njegoš’s mausoleum on the “Jezerski Vrh (peak) a high mountain pass at an elevation of 1657 m (5,446 ft) above the sea level.
Arrival at the Jezerski vrh on the mountain Lovćen to visit the mausoleum, the spectacular mausoleum on the mountaintop, Lovćen’s superior attraction (built 1970 – 1974) and climb the 461 steps up to the entry where two granite giantesses guard the tomb of Montenegro’s greatest hero Petar II Petrović Njegoš.
Inside under a golden mosaic canopy, a 28-ton Njegoš rests in the wings of an eagle, carved from a single block of black granite.
A spectacular circular viewpoint called “Gumno” provides a picturesque experience, and if the weather’s good you will be lucky to see the Italian coast.
After visiting the Njegoš Mausoleum, we return to Tivat.
End of the day tour. Arrived at the same place from where we started the day tour or by agreement.
We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
– To realize this day tour the minimum number of participants must be at least 2 people (couple – with at least 1 adult). If the minimum number of participants (2) is not reached see Booking Form prices, also Pricing information and Prices, or contact us if you have any questions.
– The maximum number of participants is 15 (larger groups on request).
– The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety, etc.)
– The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc)
Please, come 5 minutes before departing time at the meeting place or boarding location after the itinerary or agreement from Tivat city.
• Starts on: Tivat.
Depart at the scheduled time and location. Your guide can give you more details about the tour.
• Ends on: Tivat.
Arrive at the scheduled time and location on Tivat or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the day tour and any other information you want.
– Please confirm your booking by following terms and conditions, or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking within 7 days of the booking date by paying a 30% deposit, and the rest based on a payment plan. Please, confirm the booking immediately during the booking process if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this day tour.
NOTE: If you don’t confirm your booking within the stipulated period, your booking will be cancelled automatically. In that case, a new booking must be made, but then we don’t guarantee availability.
– Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. My Account includes all information, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, and your meeting point location and you can also rate the day tour after you finished it.
Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
All of our customers who are booking with Montenegro Adventure supply useful material to ensure a worry-free, yet adventurous tour. Upon receipt of full payment, the customer receives an e-Voucher with all material delivered by e-mail which can be printed as PDFs or redeemed on mobile.
This e-Voucher includes:
• A detailed itinerary
• Copies of your activity vouchers and invoices
• A detailed map with your route and day tour marked
The customer is supposed to show either a paper or an e-Voucher to our staff or tour guide at the start of the tour.
All changes are subject to availability and a price increase or equivalent administrative charge imposed during the booking process.
Montenegro Adventure also reserves the right not to offer the tour if the ordered service differs too much from the service booked at the first opportunity. Changes made less than 7 days before the scheduled departure time are not allowed unless the transfer provider or destination requires otherwise.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the day tour and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
Note: If a day tour is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued
We advise all clients to take out cancellation insurance.
It is recommended to book as early as possible to guarantee availability – or at least seven days before departure for a day tour.
If there is an insufficient number of participants during your reservation and you want to book a “private day tour” and pay a deposit, but in the meantime, other people also booked then, the basic price will be calculated. Just give us a notification when booking for this “basic” option.
The day tour is possible to arrange with transfer for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
The day tour can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
CUSTOMIZE THE DAY TOUR:
– Your day tour duration can be customized to your needs as well as according to your wishes.
– The day tour can be organized in the other order than it is in the itinerary, as well as with other places/bus stations in the region for the group. Contact us for more information and prices.
– The day tour can be organized in conjunction with other activities or tours. Contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
CHANGE & ADJUST:
– The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety, etc.)
– The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• Season: All year, but usually from 1 May to 31 October
• Duration: 8 hours.
TIPPING (Gratuity, Bakhshish): Please note that tipping is customary in Montenegro since a service charge is not added to the bill for example meals at restaurants, guide/driver, and so on. However, a modest tip is always appreciated when left as a thank you to staff who have served you, for exceptional service on a guided tour or at a restaurant, for example. The staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is an easy/moderate difficult day tour, with a few long sightseeing combined with activities such as walking. We recommend you be physically fit for the trip.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Credit card, extra cash – euro € (currency), camera (possibly extra batteries and memory card), sunblock, sunglasses, sun hat or cap, water bottle, smaller rucksack, flashlight/torch, personal first aid kit (possibly. hand sanitiser, mask).
CLOTHES: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the day tour. A hat or cap, sunscreen, and appropriate sun protection clothing are required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.
DON’T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: ID or original passport, Certificate that you have been Covid 19 vaccinated, personal medications, and other essentials you need during your day tour
• That’s a historical place, so just be aware and respectful.
• Wear comfortable shoes.
• No food up there. The only water available. Can’t take anyone in either.
• It may be windy up there.
– The price is based on the packages of how many people participate, and per person, as well as according to the suggested date of the day tour.
– To realize this day tour must be at least 3 people (trio – at least 1 adult). Also, see Booking Form prices, or contact us.
– If there are more than 15 participants in the group, then get a smaller discount. Also, contact us.
Price policy*: The price of the day tour is based per person (and by age)
*Our price policy: for adults is (12+), children from 2-12 (who have not reached the full 12 years), and infants (baby) 0-23 months (child) who have not reached the full 2 years.
– Adults are always from 12 years (excluding separate activities or day tours).
– Children aged 2-12: for activities or day-tours, different discounts are depending on the program and the other included things in the price, and most often it is 10-15 %.
*For some activities such as kayaking, paragliding, etc. there is no discount for children 2-12 years, and most of our activities are for children from 7 years. Example: The age limits for practising ie canyoning – the lower limit is about 8 years, depending on the constitution of the child.
– Children from 0-23 months: Child/Baby- It is not recommended that they participate in this day tour.
Other Price policy**:
Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change the price
CURRENCY: Euro (€)