Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
Enjoy the best on the Trekking Savin Kuk & Black Lake tour in amazing nature and ancient landmarks with excellent view from the peak of Savin Kuk. At an altitude of 1416 meters and only 3 kilometers from the center of Žabljak, nature is located the mountain eyes of Durmitor, Small and Big Lake, which together forming magnificent Black Lake.
Surrounded by dense forests of black, Durmitor pine trees, which, together with the Durmitor massif, are reflected in clear waters, giving it an indescribable shade of black, the lake got its name Black Lake.
Be delighted in the trekking Savin Kuk and view over the beautiful landscapes of rocky mountains, pine forests, and numerous fields in Žabljak, near the famous Black Lake (Crno Jezero) also known as Gorske oči. Both, the peak Savin Kuk (2313 meters asl) and the Black Lake have situated in National Park Durmitor as well as Canyon Tara River – the deepest canyon in Europe.
[vooplayer type=”video” id=”MTA3NTM5″ ]
15 Min Before Traveling Time
Nature is extremely generous towards the Žabljak, that is evidenced by 18 glacier lakes scattered by its mountain ranges. Every lake is beautiful in its own way, but it is not near the beauty of the Black Lake.
Landscapes are amazing in this area, which is just another example, how nature regulates everything, without interaction with man, and anyone who visits the Black Lake, only admire what he sees. A mountain, a lake, a dense Durmitor pine surrounding the entire lake – simply, it’s impossible not to enjoy!
During the summer months, the water temperature of the lake is over 22 degrees, so that those who love, can enjoy on the swim, with the view on Durmitor!
By visiting this place, you will surely feel a real peace, a combination of tradition and a modern, incredible natural environment, interesting hosts, more unusual things, but nice and interesting, which will surely help you get rid of everyday stress:
• We’ll meet about 15 minute before departing time at the location according the program or agreement in Budva/ Bečići for a “Welcome to the Black Lake” meeting.
• We start early from Budva and Bečići around eight o clock in the morning and drive through Podgorica and Nikšić, via Šavnik to Žabljak.
• On our way we will make a photo stop in a place from where a beautiful view of Budva and St. Nikola island is opened.
• Arrival to the parking at restaurant “Koliba”, starting point for this tour.
• Your adventure begins with a short introduction to the history of the Black Lake and Savin Kuk led by your guide.
• Departure from the tourist center Durmitor and the foothills of Savin Kuk from where you will be expecting a ride with cable car to one of the most beautiful and most visited peaks of Durmitor (2,313 m).
• Group gathering at the agreed place, and going to one of the main attractions of the Durmitor region, Black Lake.
• A tour of the Black Lake with a tourist guide, a coffee break in this beautiful ambient of Durmitor National Park.
• Free time to visit the town of Žabljak
• The end of the tour is Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak.
• The guide will recommend you a couple of restaurants for lunch in Žabljak.
• Return journey to the meeting place in Budva/ Bečiči or under the program.
• Our ride from Žabljak takes about 3 hour with very spectacular view of surrounding area.
• Arrival in Budva / Bečići or according to the program.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize the arrangement must be at least 7 people (contact us for info)
• Group 10+ has a discount of 5-10% to the basic price
• The program can be changed (eg, due of the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Budva Riviera cities. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the bus (minibus). We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Budva Riviera.
Depart at the scheduled time and location from Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the excursion.
• Ends on: Budva Riviera.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location on Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the excursion and any other information you want.
Buses or minibuses depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. You might find similar bus stops throughout the city or in the same area. Because boarding and arrival locations can change through the year, please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the driving schedule at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the boarding point at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this excursion.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the excursion.
• All changes are subject to availability and a price increase or equivalent administrative charge imposed on the holder of the credit card used during the booking process.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or location on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left. Montenegro Adventure also reserves the right not to offer the excursion if the ordered service differs too much from the service booked at the first opportunity. Changes made less than 48 hours before scheduled departure time are not allowed unless the transfer provider or destination requires otherwise.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the excursion and is required to inform the Montenegro Adventure. Cancellation can be made on our website or by e-mail: email@example.com. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the General Terms and Conditions of the Montenegro Adventure, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if it’s not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
Montenegro Adventure will refund you the amount you have paid, less the cancellation fees incurred with respect to the service provider.
• If you do not arrive at the scheduled time of arrival without having notified Montenegro Adventure in advance, it will be considered a cancellation. Montenegro Adventure pays no compensation for non-arrival under the above conditions and without express authority from Montenegro Adventure. • Montenegro Adventure informs you of the cancellation costs that amount to 100% of the booking price.
• It’s possible to organize as a private excursion of 595 €, 1 – 7 people (85 € per person).
• The excursion is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The excursion can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the excursion are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years. Children under 7 years can not participate in this tour.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to November
• Distance: About 186 km – 3 hours and 15 minutes drive
• Duration: 10 hours.
• Code: FDE – BDZB – 002 – MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.