Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Thirty kilometers from the Adriatic Sea, next to the Skadar Lake, the rows of chocots with a vine, which are about 2,310 hectares, form one of the largest and most beautiful vineyards in Europe – Ćemovsko field, which is owned by Plantaže.
The vineyards are on one side bounded by a riverbed of the Cijevna River, which, seeking its way to Morača and the sea, broke through the primeval rocks and made up a vivid small canyon.
Although the vineyard is huge and the plots are very distant from each other, visitors are able to visit it completely, with a glass of sparkling wine and in a light ride by a tourist car that slides through this vineyard kingdom, in which 29 different varieties are grown. Vranac is the undisputed ruler of the Ćemovsko field, occupying even two-thirds of the vineyards.
15 Min Before Traveling Time
Montenegro is known as the land of wine. The tradition of growing grapes in Montenegro dates back to the 2nd century. The coastal area and the area around the Skadar Lake are especially suitable for the cultivation of this culture and the production of wine. Vranac and Krstač are indigenous varieties to which Montenegrins are particularly proud.
This trip offers you the opportunity to compare the modern and traditional way of wine production. This wine road leads you through the most interesting and most important vineyards of our country. After driving along the coast, the road leads you along the Skadar Lake in the direction of Podgorica, to the largest vineyard in Montenegro.
It is definitely a place that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature where everything feels like adventure, to taste delicious wines and have fun. Come to experience when you are alone, with your friends or family on the trip with a tour of the vineyards on the famous Ćemovsko field:
• We’ll meet about 15 minute before departing time at the location according to the program or agreement in Budva/ Bečići for a “Welcome to wine routes” meeting.
• We will start early from Budva aqnd Bečići around eight o clock in the morning and drive towards Skadar Lake to Podgorica.
• Short breaks during the journey for photography, etc.
• Arrival at Ćemovsko field, starting point for wine tour.
• Your wine excursion begins with a short introduction to the history of the Ćemovsko field and the types of wines that are produced there led by your guide.
• Visits the entire vineyards, with a glass of sparkling wine and with a light ride by a tourist train that slides through this vineyard empire, in which 29 different grape varieties.
• After driving through the vineyard and short break on the viewpoint, we reach the wine cellar. On the vineyard area there are several wine cellars. We will visit “Šipčanik”. This basement is located in the heart of the vineyard. Before we enter the basement, you will have a unique opportunity to enjoy from the viewpoint on the view of the entire vineyard.
• Šipčanik has a tunnel shape of 356 m long. In the basement is planned tasting of several types of wines.
• After visiting the largest vineyard in Montenegro, we take you to Crmnica. Wine cellars of small private winery represent the best opportunity to get acquainted with the traditional wine production in Montenegro – a culture that is here for centuries, along with beautiful landscapes, traditional way of life, authentic rural surroundings and traditional culture.
• The end of the wine route is at Crmnica, where we will have a short break and enjoy in the surroundings, and also have lunch.
• Lunch. You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal barbecue like meatballs, kebabs, burgers, sausages… (ćevapi, ražnjići, pljeskavice, sudžukice…), salad, cheese, cream (kajmak), pies (pita) and traditional wines produced in this area.
• Return journey to the meeting place in Budva or under the program.
• Our ride from Crmnica takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes with very spectacular view of surrounding area.
• Arrival to the meeting place in Budva or under the program.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize the arrangement must be at least 7 people (contact us for info)
• Group 10+ has a discount of 5-10% to the basic price
• The program can be changed (eg, due of the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Budva Riviera cities. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the bus (minibus). We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Budva Riviera.
Depart at the scheduled time and location from Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the excursion.
• Ends on: Budva Riviera.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location on Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the excursion and any other information you want.
Buses or minibuses depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. You might find similar bus stops throughout the city or in the same area. Because boarding and arrival locations can change through the year, please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the driving schedule at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the boarding point at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this excursion.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the excursion.
• All changes are subject to availability and a price increase or equivalent administrative charge imposed on the holder of the credit card used during the booking process.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or location on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left. Montenegro Adventure also reserves the right not to offer the excursion if the ordered service differs too much from the service booked at the first opportunity. Changes made less than 48 hours before scheduled departure time are not allowed unless the transfer provider or destination requires otherwise.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the excursion and is required to inform the Montenegro Adventure. Cancellation can be made on our website or by e-mail: [email protected] The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the General Terms and Conditions of the Montenegro Adventure, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if it’s not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
Montenegro Adventure will refund you the amount you have paid, less the cancellation fees incurred with respect to the service provider.
• If you do not arrive at the scheduled time of arrival without having notified Montenegro Adventure in advance, it will be considered a cancellation. Montenegro Adventure pays no compensation for non-arrival under the above conditions and without express authority from Montenegro Adventure. • Montenegro Adventure informs you of the cancellation costs that amount to 100% of the booking price.
• It’s possible to organize as a private excursion of 490 €, 1 – 7 people (70 € per person).
• The excursion is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The excursion can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the excursion are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years. Children under 12 years can’t participate in this excursion.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to October
• Distance: About 68.1 km – 1 hour and 15 minutes drive
• Duration: 8 hours.
• Code: FDE – BDPG – 004 – MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.