Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
Žabljak is a small town in northern Montenegro. The town is in the centre of the Durmitor mountain region and with an altitude of 1,456 metres, it is the highest situated town on the Balkans.
Located in the very center of the Durmitor Mountain, Zabljak is the most desirable destination for winter tourism.
In its vicinity is the deepest canyon in Europe, the magnificent canyon of the Tara River. This small town in the north of Montenegro is surrounded by numerous lakes and a large number of mountain peaks.
15 Min Before Snowshoeing Time
If you want to experience this beautiful place with the surrounding areas, a special feature of this hike is the beauty of the gorgeous mountain scenery, the winning height who take a breath and from whose peaks offers fantastic views of the distant horizons of Piva and Tara.
Experienced or not, you will be able to enjoy the impressive view of the glacial lakes and mountains peaks.
It is definitely a place that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy in beautiful white spaces where everything feels like adventure, to taste delicious organic foods and have fun. Come to experience when you are alone, with your friends or family on your journey with Snowshoe hiking on the famous Žabljak:
• We’ll meet about 15 minutes before snowshoe hiking time on parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak for a “welcome meeting”.
• Arrival at starting point for snowshoe hiking. Preparing for safe snowshoe hiking.
• Snowshoeing adventure begins with a short introduction to practice and safety procedures led by your guide.
• Departing hiking, through the very attractive areas and surrounding. Snowshoe hiking tour is starting from Zabljak toward Crno jezero (Black lake).
• Black Lake is situated at the foot of the top of Međed and has an area of 0515 km2. It is a glacial lake, located on Mount Durmitor, at a height of 1416 m. The lake consists of two smaller lakes, the Big and Little Lake.
• From Black lake the path starts through the forest toward Mioč poljana. We pass trought beautiful forest areas covered with snow.
• Mioč poljana (Field) is located at an altitude of 1560 meters.
• Climb to End destination Mioč poljana, where we will have a short break and enjoy the view, return snowshoe hiking to meeting place in Žabljak.
• Lunch box. You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal sandwich or baguette with cheese cream (kajmak) and smoked prosciutto, water or juice and some fruit.
• Return journey from Mioč poljana to the meeting place at the Žabljak, or under the program. Our hiking from Mioč poljana to Žabljak takes about two hours with spectacular views of the surrounding area of Durmitor and Žabljak.
• Arrival to the meeting place on parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak, in hotel, or under the program. Hiking tour End point Žabljak, the town is in the center of the Durmitor mountain region and with an altitude of 1,456 meters, it is the highest situated town on the Balkans.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize this program there must be least 6 people.
• Group 10+ has a discount of about 5-10% on the basic price.
• The program can be modified (eg,If the weather requires, etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted (eg.,Depending on conditions, weather, winds, etc.)
• We can organize transport from / to Dubrovnik, Tivat, Budva, Podgorica, Sarajevo, etc.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Žabljak. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the car, minibus or bus. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak.
Depart at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the activity.
• Ends on: parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want.
The car, minibus or bus depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. Please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the scheduled time at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the starting point for activity at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, boarding and arrival locations and you can also rate the activity after you finished the activity. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the activity.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
• It’s possible to organize activity as a private solo passenger of 240 €.
• The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity, excursion or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate in this activity.
If you are under 18 you will need parent permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: 1 November to 1 May
• Length: 7,9 km
• Duration: Whole tour for about 6 hours, snowshoe hiking for about 3 hours.
• Code: HIKI-SHZB01-MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.