Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
On the Tara – Piva (rivers) vast plateau Durmitor (2523 m) is placed on the northwest, while its closest neighbor is placed on the southeast. That’s the beautiful Sinjajevina mountain, one of most specific mountains of Montenegro. The older name for this mountain is also Sinjavina. Some geographers classify Mt Sinjajevina a mountain plateau, but it also holds the largest pasture range in Montenegro. The direction of Sinjajevina follows the rest of the Dinaric ranges, from east to west.
From a morphological standpoint, this high mountain plain avarages 1600 m in height, with only these peaks of higher elevation: Babji Zub (2277 m), Jablanov Vrh (2203 m), Gradište (2174 m), Savina Greda (2101 m), Veliki Pećarac (2042 m), Starac (2022 m), and Babin Vrh (2013 m).
The soil composition is arid terrain due to the lack of forest covering and exposure, which has caused its rather unique foliage. Mt Sinjajevina is also the home of 2 lakes: Zabojsko Lake and Zminicko Lake.
15 Min Before Ski-doo Safari Time
Ski-doo safari is one of the most interesting products we offer to our guests. The possibilities for such arrangement are many, everything depends on the guest’s wishes. Visit the most interesting places on Mount Sinjajevina.
For lovers of winter sports and snow spell this is an excellent opportunity to reach intact snows on mountain Sinjajevina. We use snowmobile for ups and slopes, visit mountain tops and photographexceptional photo frames. We visit summer pastures (katuns), where we have a picnic and cook domestic tea with honey and rum.
Across the roof of Balkan on the snowmobile!
It is definitely a place that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature with activities where everything feels like adventure, to taste delicious organic foods and have fun. Come to experience when you are alone, with your friends or family on your journey with ski-doo safari on the beautiful Sinjajevina:
• We’ll meet about 15 minutes before ski-do safari time on parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak for a “welcome meeting”. Thereafter, transport to the start point for ski-do safari.
• Arrival in village Borje, starting point for ski-doo safari. Preparing for safe ski-doo safari. Safari begins with a short introduction to practice and safety procedures led by your guide.
• Village Borje is located at 7 km from Žabljak. Our drive from meeting point to Borje, It takes about 15 minutes.
• Through village Njegovuđa, towards Sinjajevina Mountain passing by Zminje Lake through Studenci and Gomile we arrive to Zabojsko Lake, where a short photo stop will be made, since this is a place from where and amazing view is spreading on the surrounding mountains.
• Zabojsko Lake is situated at 1477m above sea level in the National Park Durmitor.
• Afterwards we proceed along the other side at the foothills of the peak Kurozeb (1886m), which is one of the highest peaks on Sinjajevina and we continue further through katuns all the way to the village Gornja Bukovica, which is situated between Šavnik and Žabljak, then we continue passing by beautiful mountain lakes Vražje and Riblje and the road takes us across Lake Plateau directly to village Borje in Žabljak.
• Final destination for ski-doo safari is destination village Borje, where we will take off the equipment and have a lunch.
• Lunch ( Optional ). You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal barbecue like meatballs, kebabs, burgers, sausages… (ćevapi, ražnjići, pljeskavice, sudžukice…), salad, cheese, cream (kajmak), pies (pita) and bread during the “saće”, donuts, pastries and homemade brandy (šljivovica) or juice.
• Return journey from start point village Borje to the meeting place at the Žabljak, or under the program. Our ride from this village takes about fifty minutes with spectacular views of the surrounding area of Durmitor and Žabljak.
• Arrival to the meeting place on parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak, in hotel, or under the program. Ski-doo safari End point Žabljak, the town is in the center of the Durmitor mountain region and with an altitude of 1,456 meters, it is the highest situated town on the Balkans.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize this program there must be least 4 people.
• Group 10+ has a discount of about 5-10% on the basic price.
• The program can be modified (eg,If the weather requires, etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted (eg.,Depending on conditions, weather, winds, etc.)
• We can organize transport from / to Dubrovnik, Tivat, Budva, Podgorica, Sarajevo, etc.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Žabljak. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the car, minibus or bus. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak .
Depart at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the activity.
• Ends on: parking at Trg Durmitorskih ratnika in Žabljak.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want.
The car, minibus or bus depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. Please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the scheduled time at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the starting point for activity at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, boarding and arrival locations and you can also rate the activity after you finished the activity. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the activity.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
• It’s possible to organize activity as a private solo passenger of 230 €.
• The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity, excursion or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians, must be 2-12 years.
Children under 16 years can’t participate on this activity.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: 1 November to 1 May
• Length: About 6.5 km.
• Duration: Whole tour about 6 hours, ski-doo safari about 4 hours.
• Code: SDSA-ZBVB01-MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.