Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Blue Cave is one of the most attractive in series of caves along the Luštica peninsula which separates the Bay of Kotor from the Adriatic Sea. The Blue Cave on Luštica Peninsula is one of the must-see attractions while you’re on the coast.
It’s called the Blue Cave because the way the light hits the sandy bottom and reflects up through the water makes the whole cave look blue.
Our trips are suitable from age 7-75 years. Montenegro is a paradise for canoeing.
The kayaks are stable and of high quality and we can also borrow other kayak equipment.
15 Min Before Traveling Time
Kayaking Adventures and snorkel on the way to the Blue Cave on Montenegro’s rugged and beautiful Luštica Peninsula.
The tour includes a transfer to Luštica Peninsula and then a 2 hour kayak tour which takes you into the Blue Cave which is famed for it’s iridescent blue colour. You can take the chance to swim in Luštica’s amazing clear waters.
Plava Špilja (Blue Cave) is one of the most beautiful and largest caves in the range of caves – Grta, located along the very sprawling coast of Luštica in the bay of Kotor. The cave is located between the Golden Port and Rt Mokra Gora (Cape Wet Mountain) and at a distance of Herceg Novi 5.7 nautical miles. There are two entrances, opening at 45 degree angles: the smaller one, facing south, and the greater one, 3m/9ft high and 15m/49ft wide, which is located on the southwest side. Through the larger cave entrance, boats can enter the cave and allow tourists to admire the light reflection off the water surface and the interior of the cave. Also, the blue waters in the cave are several degrees warmer than the water outside the cave. It is an ideal place for underwater photography.
It is definitely a atraction that you should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature with activities where everything feels like adventure and have fun. Come to experience when you are alone, with your friends or family:
• We’ll meet about 15 minutes before departing time, at the location according to the program or agreement in Kotor a “welcome meeting”.
• We start from Kotor, around 9 o’clock in the morning and drive towards Uvala Veslo. Along the way, we make a few short stops to rest and enjoyment in the spectacular view, as well as a pause for take a photography.
• Arrival at Uvala Veslo, the starting point for kayaking. Preparing for safe kayaking. Full kayaking equipment including neoprene suits and boots, life jackets, anoraks, and helmets. Each kayak has a waterproof bag where you can store your mobile phones and cameras. Your kayaking begins from the coast with a short introduction to paddling practice and safety procedures led by your guide/skipper.
• Departing kayak through the very attractive areas.
• Paddle around the coast to the Blue Cave, the largest in a series of natural excavations that can be easily entered by kayak.
• The kayaking tour lasts for around two hours, after which you can continue exploring or enjoy swimming and snorkeling, before heading back to the starting point.
• The ultimate destination for kayaking is Uvala Veslo, where we will change clothes.
• The return journey to Kotor, or according to the program. Along the way, we will make a short stop to photography.
• Arrival in Kotor, the starting point for the trip, outside the hotel, at the agreed time specified in the voucher, according to the daily program or arrangement.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize this program there must be least 2 people.
• Group 10+ has a discount of about 5-10% on the basic price.
• The program can be modified (eg,If the weather requires, etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted (eg.,Depending on conditions, rafting, etc.)
• We can organize transport from / to Dubrovnik, Tivat, Budva, Podgorica, etc.
Please, come least 10 minutes before the welcome meeting and departing time-based on the itinerary or by the agreement. Also, look closely your voucher or our website beforehand for the correct meeting point location and time. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Kotor
• Ends on: Kotor
Your guide also can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want when you are on the spot.
• About hotel guests: According to the planned program for Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations and times. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher, or by agreement.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before welcome meeting and departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Confirm the booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact us.
• Please, confirm the booking immediately during the booking process if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
• Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. My Account includes all information, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, meeting point location and you can also rate the activity after you finished it. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your guide at the welcome meeting.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
• Price is based on group 2-4 participants (adults) and per person, as well as according to the suggested date of the activity.
• To realize this activity must be at least 2 people (adults), ie for the 1 people, it’s possible to organize as a “private tour” (for the price of 2 people).
• If there is an insufficient number of participants during your reservation and you want to book a “private activity” and pay a deposit, but in the meantime, other people also booked then, the basic price will be calculated. Just give us a notification when booking for this “basic” option.
• The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians, must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate on this activity.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: April to November
• Length: About 5 km.
• Duration: Whole tour ca 5 hours, kayak ride about 2-2,5 hours.
• Code: KABD-BDPS01-MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen, and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.