Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
River Piva is located in the northwestern part of Montenegro at the foot of the high mountain zone, which is called Pivska mountain. The Piva canyon is characterized by the fact that by the power of the human hand, the work of nature has been changed. However, this does not disturb the essence and beauty of the river and the canyon. By building a hydroelectric power plant and dam Mratinje, artificial lake Piva was created. The Mratinje dam is 220 meters high and is one of the largest dams of its kind in Europe. The view on the dam is magnificent and it looks unreal and impressive.
Lake Piva is located in the northwest part of the country, in Plužine Municipality. On the bottom of the lake there is the old town Plužine.
The lake is in some places deep and over 200 m long and 45 km long. The Piva River is extremely clean and the water is constantly drinkable and Pivsko Lake is considered the largest reservoir of drinking water in the world.
Many people say that Piva Canyon was even more beautiful, more attractive and more mysterious then the Tara canyon. Temperature in summer is around 22°C and it is real paradise for recreation and sport activities.
15 Min Before Traveling Time
After Skadar Lake, Piva Lake is the second largest lake in Montenegro. The incredible color of the lake, combined with the surrounding forest, leaves no one indifferent, so you would never think it’s an artificial creature! Piva Lake, represents the lake with the finest water in the Balkans, and this whole area is one of the most beautiful sites in the region. The beauty of this region is another proof of what the “power of nature” actually is.
Piva Lake represents the ideal “salvation” from summer heat, and enjoyment in the natural environment. During the summer months, many visitors choose to swim here, because the water temperatures are very pleasant, or simply enjoy what they see around you – in landscapes.
Join us for cruising over smooth, green and blue water of Piva Lake. Our boat, will sail and roll from one bay to another, always looking for the most beautiful place.
Lake cruise is a real pleasure and offers a relaxing, peaceful day on the lake, in a natural setting, with a beautiful view and soothing fresh air. Come to experience when you are alone, with your friends or family on your adventure with a cruising on the Piva Lake:
• We’ll meet about 10-15 minute before departing time at the location after the program or agreement in Budva / Bečići for a “welcome meeting”.
• We start early from Budva and Bečići, around seven o’clock in the morning and drive towards Podgorica, through Niksic to Pluzine. Along the way we make a few short stops to rest and enjoy the spectacular scenery, as short photo break.
• Arrival to Piva Lake, starting point for cruising. Your cruising adventure begins from the coast with a short introduction to the creation of the Piva Lake led by your guide.
• We will start cruising through the emerald green water, and our first stop will be in the Cave Oteša – well-known tourist site reachable only by boat.
• Next stop is Podvođe – armband of the lake with clear green blue values where we will make break and enjoy swimming. A special honey juice and other domestic juices will be on your disposal during the cruising. The cruising continues towards excursion site “Kućarište”, and visit of the island Gradac and many other beautiful spots on our way back to the dock Rosulje.
• Cruising end destination is the dock Rosulje on the Piva Lake, where we have lunch.
• Lunch. You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal barbecue like meatballs, kebabs, burgers, sausages… (ćevapi, ražnjići, pljeskavice, sudžukice…), salad, cheese, cream (kajmak), pies (pita) and bread during the “saće”, donuts, pastries and homemade brandy (šljivovica) or juice.
• After we have lunch, return journey to Budva and Bečići , or under the program. Along the way we make a few short stops to rest.
• Arrival in Budva and Bečići, the starting point for the trip, outside the hotel, at agreed time specified in the voucher, according to the daily program or arrangement.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize the arrangement must be at least 7 people (contact us for info)
• Group 10+ has a discount of 5-10% to the basic price
• The program can be changed (eg, due of the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Budva Riviera cities. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the bus (minibus). We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Budva Riviera.
Depart at the scheduled time and location from Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the excursion.
• Ends on: Budva Riviera.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location on Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the excursion and any other information you want.
Buses or minibuses depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. You might find similar bus stops throughout the city or in the same area. Because boarding and arrival locations can change through the year, please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the driving schedule at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the boarding point at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this excursion.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the excursion.
• All changes are subject to availability and a price increase or equivalent administrative charge imposed on the holder of the credit card used during the booking process.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or location on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left. Montenegro Adventure also reserves the right not to offer the excursion if the ordered service differs too much from the service booked at the first opportunity. Changes made less than 48 hours before scheduled departure time are not allowed unless the transfer provider or destination requires otherwise.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the excursion and is required to inform the Montenegro Adventure. Cancellation can be made on our website or by e-mail: [email protected] The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the General Terms and Conditions of the Montenegro Adventure, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if it’s not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
Montenegro Adventure will refund you the amount you have paid, less the cancellation fees incurred with respect to the service provider.
• If you do not arrive at the scheduled time of arrival without having notified Montenegro Adventure in advance, it will be considered a cancellation. Montenegro Adventure pays no compensation for non-arrival under the above conditions and without express authority from Montenegro Adventure. • Montenegro Adventure informs you of the cancellation costs that amount to 100% of the booking price.
• It’s possible to organize as a private excursion of 560 €, 1 – 7 people (80 € per person).
• The excursion is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The excursion can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the excursion are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years.
Children under 4 can’t participate in this tour.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from April to November
• Distance: About 168 km – 2 hours and 40 minutes drive
• Duration: 11 hours.
• Code: FDE – BDPL – 005 – MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.