Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Lipa Cave is one of the largest cave monuments in Montenegro. The cave, with its beautiful and wild system of 2.5 km of passages and halls is a place you must visit on your Montenegro tour. Its beauty was recognized by King Nikola I and Petar II Petrović-Njegoš, who played a very important role in the Montenegrin history.
Lipa cave was known to exist prior to Njegoss’ time, and even than cave expeditions were possible. Various recognized explorers from 19th century left written documents on cave formations and its existence, explorations continued in 20th and 21st century.
In Lipa cave nature created playful and unique forms of cave ornaments (stalagmites and stalactites) that leave everlasting impression on their visitors. Today the cave represents, not only one of the best places to visit on Cetinje but a natural attractions you should not miss while in Montenegro.
15 Min Before Traveling Time
This tour will present you with the most hidden cave corners. You will have the chance to enjoy beautiful underground features, feel the wind blowing through different cave passageways, visit some of the most famous cave halls and walk along the main cave corridor.
Tour including the train drive from the parking lot to the entrance of the cave, where we have enough time to see many cave features.
If you looking for spending some time in unspoiled nature walking tours inside the depths of Lipa cave will make your trip around Montenegro rich and complete. If you are adventurist seeking for one of the kind adventure sports extreme experience, within our tours you can find what you are looking for. Also, if you are wondering where to spend an unforgettable day Lipa cave is a great choice to cool off from the heat or to chill on the summer rainy day in Montenegro.
It is definitely a place that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature where everything feels like adventure, to taste homemade vine and have fun. Come to experience when you are alone, with your friends or family on the trip with a tour of Lipa cave on the famous Cetinje:
• We’ll meet about 15 minute before departing time at the location according the program or agreement in Budva/ Bečići for a “Welcome to Lipa Cave” meeting.
• We start early from Budva and Bečići around eight o clock in the morning and drive via Brajići to Cetinje.
• On our way we will make a photo stop in a place from where a beautiful view of Budva and St. Nikola island is opened.
• Arrival in Dobrsko village where the cave is located. From here we drive a fun touristic train straight to the entrance of the cave.
• Your adventure begins with a short introduction to the history of the Lipa cave led by your guide.
• The adventure begins in a long tunnel which leads us to the underground world. Here you will feel the cold wind coming from the cave and the changing in the air temperature – throughout the year the temperature in the cave is 10-12 degrees.
• We walk a distance of 400 meters through the main tunnel of Lipska cave, where we can see the untouched nature beauty. During the detailed examination of the cave walls we will fully realize the might of this nature creation. After we pass to the Negush hall, where we can plunge into real darkness and see the most beautiful stalactites.
• In case of rainy weather outside we will have the opportunity to witness a waterfall that fills the underground basin. Also we will be able to see the “love story” of the stalactites and stalagmites which stretch to one another for thousand years and when they eventually unite they form an undividable whole which specialists call stalagnate.
• At the end, we will see the black heart of the cave. From there, a narrow trail continue farther into the deep underground.
• The end of the Lipa cave tour is the entrance to the cave, where we will be able to try traditional homemade vine so we can warm up after the caves coolness.
• The train will take us back to the parking and restaurant where we can enjoy a cup of coffee in beautiful breathtaking surroundings.
• Return journey to the meeting place in Budva/ Bečiči or under the program.
• Our ride from Dobrsko village takes about 1 hour with very spectacular view of surrounding area.
• Arrival to the meeting place in Budva/Bečići or under the program.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize the arrangement must be at least 7 people (contact us for info)
• Group 10+ has a discount of 5-10% to the basic price
• The program can be changed (eg, due of the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Budva Riviera cities. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the bus (minibus). We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Budva Riviera.
Depart at the scheduled time and location from Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the excursion.
• Ends on: Budva Riviera.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location on Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the excursion and any other information you want.
Buses or minibuses depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. You might find similar bus stops throughout the city or in the same area. Because boarding and arrival locations can change through the year, please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the driving schedule at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the boarding point at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this excursion.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the excursion.
• All changes are subject to availability and a price increase or equivalent administrative charge imposed on the holder of the credit card used during the booking process.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or location on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left. Montenegro Adventure also reserves the right not to offer the excursion if the ordered service differs too much from the service booked at the first opportunity. Changes made less than 48 hours before scheduled departure time are not allowed unless the transfer provider or destination requires otherwise.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the excursion and is required to inform the Montenegro Adventure. Cancellation can be made on our website or by e-mail: [email protected] The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the General Terms and Conditions of the Montenegro Adventure, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if it’s not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
Montenegro Adventure will refund you the amount you have paid, less the cancellation fees incurred with respect to the service provider.
• If you do not arrive at the scheduled time of arrival without having notified Montenegro Adventure in advance, it will be considered a cancellation. Montenegro Adventure pays no compensation for non-arrival under the above conditions and without express authority from Montenegro Adventure. • Montenegro Adventure informs you of the cancellation costs that amount to 100% of the booking price.
• It’s possible to organize as a private excursion of 238 €, 1 – 7 people (34 € per person).
• The excursion is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The excursion can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the excursion are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years. Children under 7 years can not participate in this tour.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to October
• Distance: About 32.3 km – 45 minutes drive
• Duration: 4 hours.
• Code: FDE – BDCT – 003 – MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.