Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Fortress Goražda is a fortification built by the Austro-Hungarian Empire near Kotor in Montenegro. The current fort was built between 1884–86 and replaced an earlier structure on the same site.
The fort stands on the hill of Goražda (known in Austro-Hungarian times as Goražda) at an altitude of 452 m (1,483 ft), around 10 km (6.2 mi) from Kotor. Its symmetrical layout, with two wings joined by a circular structure, is unusual for this type of mountain fortress. The fort dominates the heights above Kotor and guards one flank of the pass leading to the town, with the Škaljari Battery and Fort Vrmac a few kilometers away on the other side of the pass.
Fortress “Goražda” is perhaps the most interesting fortress at the Kotor Bay. When it was built, it was the most modern and perfect strengthening of the time. There were used the latest technology of military architecture and engineering. Here was found the last samples of the German armament arms industry. The creators of this fortress can be proud of! And to this day it amazes everyone who finds it.
15 Min Before Traveling Time
If you want to experience this beautiful place with the surrounding areas, a special feature of this hike is the beauty of the gorgeous mountain scenery, the winning height of breathtaking and from whose peaks offers fantastic views of the distant horizon of Boka Bay.
Experienced or not, you will be able to hike and enjoy the impressive views of Boka Bay, mountains peaks and meadows.
It is definitely a place that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature with activities where everything feels like adventure, to taste delicious organic foods and have fun. Come to experience when you are alone, with your friends or family on your journey with hiking on the famous Lovcen:
• We’ll meet about 15 minutes before departing time at the location according the program or agreement in Budva / Bečići for a “welcome meeting”.
• We start from Budva and Bečići, around eight o’clock in the morning and drive via Brajići to Cetinje. Along the way, we’ll make short break for rest and and enjoyment in spectacular scenery, as well as a short photographic break.
• Arrival at the Jezerski vrh, starting point for hiking about 57 km from the “meeting point”. Preparing for safe hiking. Hiking begins with a short introduction to practice and safety procedures led by your guide.
• Jezerski Vrh is a high mountain pass at an elevation of 5,446 ft (1,660 m) above the sea level, located in Lovćen, a national park in southwestern Montenegro.
• Departing hiking, through the very attractive areas on the Jezerski vrh and surrounding. Along the whole route of unique beauty, is possible photosafari and sightseeing of numerous orintological, floristic, endemic and autochthonous species of Montenegro.
• From Jezerski vrh, by a light walk to Ivan’s troughs, you will discover the unique flora and fauna of NP Lovćen and enjoy the untouched nature.
• Upon arrival at Ivan’s troughs, a 1250-meter shallow glacial valley and one of the most beautiful parts of the national park, you will rest and refresh yourself with ice water from the Ivan’s troughs.
• Walking continues through beautiful landscapes and old, exotic Montenegrin villages Kolozin, Masters, Podi in the far south of the Njegus region.
• The end of the hiking tour ends with the arrival to the Mirac 650 m, where we visit the fortress of Goražda from the 19th century. It is also the largest Austro-Hungarian fort, once the border of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and Montenegro.
• Mirac offers a beautiful panoramic view of the Tivat and Kotorska bays as well as the open sea.
• Lunch paket. You will enjoy a delicious lunch with specialties of the local cuisine, where you can try a phenomenal sandwich or baguette with cheese cream (kajmak) and smoked prosciutto, water or juice and some fruit.
• After we have lunch and short break, return journey to Budva and Bečići , or according the program. Along the way we will make a few short stops to rest.
• Arrival in Budva and Bečići, the starting point for the trip, outside the hotel, at agreed time specified in the voucher, according to the daily program or arrangement.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize this program there must be least 6 people.
• Group 10+ has a discount of about 5-10% on the basic price.
• The program can be modified (eg,If the weather requires, etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted (eg.,Depending on conditions, weather, winds, etc.)
• We can organize transport from / to Dubrovnik, Tivat, Budva, Podgorica, Sarajevo, etc.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Budva. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the car, minibus or bus. We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Budva.
Depart at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the activity.
• Ends on: Budva.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the activity and any other information you want.
The car, minibus or bus depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. Please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the scheduled time at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the starting point for activity at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this activity.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status, boarding and arrival locations and you can also rate the activity after you finished the activity. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the activity.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the activity and is required to inform the organizer. Cancellation can be made directly on the website, or in writing including cancellation by e-mail. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the law of the Organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if the program is not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
– If activity is missed due to delays or missing arrival, refunds will not be issued.
• It’s possible to organize activity as a private solo passenger of 160 €.
• The activity is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The activity can be organized in conjunction with another activity, excursion or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the activity are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians, must be 2-12 years.
Children under 7 years can’t participate on this activity.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to November
• Length: 32.4 km
• Duration: Whole tour about 8 hours, hiking tour about 4 hours.
• Code: HIKI-JVFG01-MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the activity. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.