Should you have any questions about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Visit historical postcard of Montenegro, old royal capital Cetinje with its many museums and charming streets. This town is situated at the foothill of Mountain Lovćen, unique natural and historical monument of Montenegro- its sacred place. Trough national park Lovćen known for authentic and unspoiled natural beauty one arrives to the top of the mountain enjoys magnificent view on surrounding area and climb to the one of the highest positioned mausoleums in the world.
Monastery Ostrog (17th century), a miracle build by nature and human interactions, carved almost in its entirety in a vertical mountain cliff on 900m, is today the pearl of Montenegrin spiritualism that is annually visited by more than a hundred thousand pilgrims from around the world and of all religions. It is one of three most visited Christian destinations on the planet with its cave-like chapel and monastery complex that preserves the sacrilege of Saint Basil the Orthodox Saint of Miracles. All of Montenegrin spiritualism, belief and cultural treasures found their home high up in the Ostrog cliffs. This destination which will take your breath away will fill your soul with elevated feelings of love toward God. Monastery is placed in between Podgorica and Niksić in central part of Montenegro.
15 Min before travel time
This trip is intended for all who want to visit the biggest cultural and historical sights of Montenegro. You will see a very specific relief covering the entire central region.
It may seem to you that Cetinje fell into the deep sleep, but it just rests after its long turbulent past, which began in the 15th century. In the center of the town, you will see the bequest of the most important Montenegrins, Petrovic Dynasty, wich ruled the country over 200 years: Biljarda, King Nikola’s Palace, Monastery of Cetinje…
The Ostrog monastery is not only an Orthodox sanctuary, but it is also visited by followers of all religions throughout the world, who come here to pay homage to the relics of the Saint Vasilije, in search of a cure for their body and soul. After the tomb of Jesus Christ and the Mountain Athos, the monastery of Ostrog is the third most visited shrine in the Christian world.
Come to visit these cultural and historical treasures with your friends or family:
• We’ll meet 15 minutes before departing time at the location according to the program or agreement in Budva for a “welcome meeting”.
• We start early from Budva, at eight o’clock in the morning and drive towards Cetinje. Along the way we make a short pause to rest and enjoy the spectacular scenery.
• In the center of the town, you will see the bequest of the most important Montenegrins, Petrovic Dynasty, wich ruled the country over 200 years: Biljarda – residence of the bishop, writer and philosopher Petar II Petrovic Njegos, King Nikola’s Palace, Monastery of Cetinje…
• By visiting the King Nikola’s palace our tour guide will introduce you the life of the Royal Family Petrovic.
• You will also have free time to feel peaceful atmosphere of Cetinje, to explore the former embassies or refresh in a café.
• Driving by bus through Podgorica, towards Nikšić. From the road Podgorica – Niksic the curvy, mountainous road, which offers panoramic view to the Bjelopavlići valley and Zeta river.
• After stopping at the parking place in front of the Lower monastery, we continue on foot to the Upper monastery were the relics of St. Vasilije are first to be visited. When you approach the monastery an old monk will tell you about the miracles performed by the Saint in this place.
• After visiting the Ostrog Monastery, we return to Budva / Bečići or according to the program. We will have a short break on the road to rest.
• Arrival in Budva / Bečići, the starting point for the trip, outside the hotel, at agreed time specified in the voucher, according to the daily program or arrangement.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• To realize the arrangement must be at least 7 people (contact us for info)
• Group 10+ has a discount of 5-10% to the basic price
• The program can be changed (eg, due of the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Budva Riviera cities. Also, look closely the scheduled time and location where will you get on the bus (minibus). We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Budva Riviera.
Depart at the scheduled time and location from Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Get information in beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the excursion.
• Ends on: Budva Riviera.
Arrival at the scheduled time and location on Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the excursion and any other information you want.
Buses or minibuses depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. You might find similar bus stops throughout the city or in the same area. Because boarding and arrival locations can change through the year, please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as reference only.
• About hotel guests: According the driving schedule at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, with your own car or bus, you ‘ll be at the boarding point at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this excursion.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the excursion.
• All changes are subject to availability and a price increase or equivalent administrative charge imposed on the holder of the credit card used during the booking process.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or location on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left. Montenegro Adventure also reserves the right not to offer the excursion if the ordered service differs too much from the service booked at the first opportunity. Changes made less than 48 hours before scheduled departure time are not allowed unless the transfer provider or destination requires otherwise.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the excursion and is required to inform the Montenegro Adventure. Cancellation can be made on our website or by e-mail: [email protected] The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the General Terms and Conditions of the Montenegro Adventure, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if it’s not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if canceled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if canceled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if canceled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
Montenegro Adventure will refund you the amount you have paid, less the cancellation fees incurred with respect to the service provider.
• If you do not arrive at the scheduled time of arrival without having notified Montenegro Adventure in advance, it will be considered a cancellation. Montenegro Adventure pays no compensation for non-arrival under the above conditions and without express authority from Montenegro Adventure. • Montenegro Adventure informs you of the cancellation costs that amount to 100% of the booking price.
• It’s possible to organize as a private excursion of 343 €, 1 – 7 people (49 € per person).
• The excursion is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The excursion can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps right to change price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the excursion are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians, must be 2-12 years. Children under 2 go free on this tour.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to November
• Distance: About 105 km – 2 hours and 5 minutes drive
• Duration: 9 hours.
• Code: FDE – BDCO – 009 – MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tip themselves and will not request for any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.