Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
One of the 13 most beautiful bays in the world, the southernmost fjord in Europe, is located in Montenegro and is a place that you should definitely visit during your stay in Montenegro.
The place where the crystal clear and warm Adriatic Sea embraces the steep slopes of the mountains Lovćen and Orjen, has always attracted attention with its beauty and strategic position.
Numerous civilizations have left their traces in Boka Bay, especially in the old town of Kotor and the town of Perast and that was the reason UNESCO put it under protection in 1978.
Join us on the Bay of Kotor tour and enrich yourself with stories about history and culture, and get inspired by exceptional beauty!
According to the itinerary
Prepare for a fantastic day trip to Boka bay!
Our first stop will be Old town Kotor, located at the very end of Boka bay. During the guided walking tour through the town, you will walk over the Square of Arms, Square of Flour, Square of Saint Tryphon, Square of Churches, Square of Salade etc. There are numerous palaces that belonged to the famous noble families from Kotor, as well as the Clock Tower from the 16th century, in front of which is placed the medieval column of shames.
The most striking building in the town is definitely the Cathedral of Saint Tryphon, which impresses all visitors with its history and timeless beauty of more than 1000 years. Visiting the Maritime Museum you will be introduced to 10 centuries-long maritime histories while the Museum of cats will be the perfect spot for cat lovers!
We continue our trip along the scenic road to Perast, the old town of captains and the best-preserved Baroque town on the Adriatic coast. You will be delight by the lavish palaces as well as the cathedral of Saint Nicholas whose 55m-high bell tower (from 1691) represents the most beautiful example of a detailed type of bell tower with a pyramidal end on the Adriatic.
During the tour, we will have a short boat ride to the island “Our Lady of the Rocks” for a visit to the church and museum. The walls and ceiling of the church are covered with 68 canvases painted by Tripo Kokolj, one of the best known local baroque painters.
• We’ll meet about 10 minutes before departing time at the location after the program or agreement in Budva / Bečići for a “welcome meeting”.
• We start from Budva and Bečići, around 8 o’clock in the morning and drive towards Boka Bay – Kotor Old town. Along the way, we will make a short stop to rest and enjoy the fine panoramic view of one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe – Jaz beach.
Once you enter the Old town through the Sea Gate, the old Clock Tower will welcome you and tell you that you are right on time to explore the charming streets and squares of this wealthy town!
Passing by the palaces of the noble families, you will feel the spirit of Venetian culture and architecture. Suddenly the Cathedral of Saint Tryphon, patron and protector of Kotor, will appear in front of you and amaze you with its eternal beauty. Only a few steps further there is the Maritime Museum, home of the long naval history and tradition of Kotor and the whole Boka bay.
• After a guided tour through the Old town Kotor, you will have plenty of time to walk around, enjoy the cup of coffee on the main square or even visit Greenmarket near the Sea gate or to climb to the church “Our Lady of Remedy” in order to catch a fantastic panoramic view of the bay and Kotor Old town!
• After the drive along the scenic road in Boka Bay, we arrive in Perast where will have a sightseeing tour to be astonished by lavish architecture and history and then we will have a short boat ride to the artificial island “Our Lady of the Rocks”
• “Our Lady of the Rocks” is a reliable keeper of the secrets of sailors and local legends for 6 centuries. You will be impressed by the history and legends, then paintings covering the walls and ceiling as well as by the fantastic view that opens in front of you!
• Return journey to Budva and Bečići, or according to the program.
• Our ride from Perast along the scenic road with a spectacular view of the surrounding area takes about 45 minutes.
• Arrival in Budva and Bečići, the starting point for the trip, outside the hotel, at the agreed time specified in the voucher, according to the daily program or arrangement.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, the safety etc.)
• The program time can be adjusted if needed (eg conditions, service, etc.)
• If possible, we can pick you up along the way or organizing a bus connection or taxi ( for a fee) for individuals and groups from other coastal cities and Podgorica.
Please, come 5 – 10 minute before departing time at the boarding location after the driving schedule or agreement from Budva Riviera cities. Also, look closely at the scheduled time and location where will you get on the bus (minibus). We can’t accept a late departure request.
• Starts on: Budva Riviera.
Depart at the scheduled time and location from Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Get information beforehand on our website if you have not in the voucher, your guide can give you more details about the excursion.
• Ends on: Budva Riviera.
Arrive at the scheduled time and location on Budva Riviera cities or agreement. Your guide can give you more information about the excursion and any other information you want.
Buses or minibuses depart at the scheduled time and location. To ensure smooth operation, we cannot take requests for late departures. You might find similar bus stops throughout the city or in the same area. Because boarding and arrival locations can change throughout the year, please double-check your booking beforehand for the correct locations and time. Please note that we show all boarding/arriving locations available on the website. So please use this as a reference only.
• About hotel guests: According to the driving schedule at Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. If agreed to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from the hotel, then a boarding location will be parking outside the hotel or in front of the hotel at the agreed time specified in the voucher.
• About other guests: If you come on your own, in your own car or bus, you‘ll be at the boarding point at least 10 minutes before departure. Please, check our website or travel agency beforehand for the correct locations and time.
• If you can’t find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Please confirm your booking in accordance with terms and conditions online or contact the travel agency. Confirm booking immediately upon booking if it’s less than 7 days before the planned departure for this excursion.
Bookings that are made online can be confirmed using My Account. The information available includes, you’ll be able to track the confirmation, track your payment status and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour. Note: Bookings made by phone cannot be checked from My Account.
• Also, show either a paper or an electronic voucher to your tour guide at the start of the excursion.
• All changes are subject to availability and a price increase or equivalent administrative charge imposed on the holder of the credit card used during the booking process.
• For any type of change, please contact our Customer Center directly.
• The addresses or location on the voucher are the places where you will be picked up and left. Montenegro Adventure also reserves the right not to offer the excursion if the ordered service differs too much from the service booked at the first opportunity. Changes made less than 48 hours before scheduled departure time are not allowed unless the transfer provider or destination requires otherwise.
The passenger is entitled to cancel the excursion and is required to inform the Montenegro Adventure. Cancellation can be made on our website or by e-mail: email@example.com. The date of the written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee, according to the General Terms and Conditions of the Montenegro Adventure, expressed as a percentage of the total price, if it’s not otherwise stated, as follows:
• no cancellation fee if cancelled at least 7 days before the scheduled departure
• 50% if cancelled 6 – 3 days before the scheduled departure
• 100% if cancelled within 48 hours before the scheduled departure
Montenegro Adventure will refund you the amount you have paid, less the cancellation fees incurred with respect to the service provider.
• If you do not arrive at the scheduled time of arrival without having notified Montenegro Adventure in advance, it will be considered a cancellation. Montenegro Adventure pays no compensation for non-arrival under the above conditions and without express authority from Montenegro Adventure. • Montenegro Adventure informs you of the cancellation costs that amount to 100% of the booking price.
• It’s possible to organize as a private excursion. (Contact us for details and prices)
• The excursion is possible to arrange from other cities in Montenegro for individuals and groups. (Contact us for details and prices).
• The excursion can be organized in conjunction with another activity or tour, as a full-day (with/without accommodation) or longer. See our offers and contact us to meet your needs or according to your wishes.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices.
• Participants on the excursion are individuals or small groups of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians must be 2-12 years. Children under 2 go free on this tour.
If you are under 18 you will need parental permission, unless you travel in the company of an adult (18 years of age or older).
• Season: All year, but usually from May to October
• Distance: About 35km – 45 minutes drive
• Duration: 8 hours
• Code: FDE – BDKO – 007 – MA
• Currency: Euro (€)
• Gratuity (Tip, Bakhshish): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect to tip themselves and will not request any. However, if you are pleased with our staff who have served you, and you still want to give tip, our staff will appreciate it and be grateful for your gesture.
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the excursion. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable (warmer clothing for months other than summer). Please prepare for various weather conditions.