Our Book with Confidence policy lets you cancel and rebook your tour with no added costs prior to departure, giving you added flexibility and peace of mind.
If you are a true lover of nature and the mountains, this is the perfect way to break free from harmful substances, stress and other negative charges which are inevitable consequences of modern-day living. Here you can experience wild nature and landscape on foot. The area is not only beautiful, but it also has an interesting history that goes way back in time. The popular holiday country of Montenegro offers hiking in several country’s national parks.
It’s about really high mountains, where the highest peaks reaching over 2500 meters and every mountain is a different story. The Durmitor National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, cut mighty canyons through the limestone cliffs, with the second largest in the world, Tara canyon. In Biogradska Gora we walk in one of the last three primaeval forests in Europe, the famous Biograd lake. Taming Bjelasica and Ljubišnja are also attractive mountains that offer fantastic scenery and Prokletije, Komovi in Sinjajevina with its mysterious mosaics.
According to travel program
Discovering a new country on foot is a great experience. Let us take care of you for relaxing and enjoying your holiday. A week with our walking tour gives you the opportunity to ” replenish the batteries ” and get rid of stress. A hiking tour where you decide how far to walk each day, and with whom. Enjoy the hospitality of the locals and become a part of life in the mountains. Try national dishes, drink water from springs in the mountains, breathing the fresh mountain air and marvel at the views from the most beautiful trails.
It is definitely a trip to places that should be visited if you are looking to enjoy nature or activities where everything feels like an adventure. You come to experience when you take yourself, your friends or family on your journey with the amazing enjoyment:
• We’ll meet about 15 minutes after landing time at the airport, or after the program or agreement for a “welcome meeting”.
• Arrival at the airport in Dubrovnik (Croatia), Tivat / Podgorica ( Montenegro) or Sarajevo ( Bosnia and Herzegovina). Welcome meeting with a representative from our travel agent, where you will get to know your fellow travellers on this tour. Transfer to hotel/accommodation at Žabljak.
• Free activities. Dinner and overnight.
Transportation to starting point for hiking. Hiking in Durmitor all day for 6 -7 hours. Our guide will determine which hiking trails would be best to go in groups because Durmitor has a good selection of hiking trails. Lunch in nature. Transportation to the hotel/accommodation.
• Overnight with dinner.
Transportation to starting point for hiking in the canyon Tara. Walking through the hiking trails in the canyon Tara is a real opportunity to see the most beautiful and largest canyon in Europe, only the Grand Canyon in Colorado surpasses.
Lunch in nature. Transportation to the hotel/accommodation.
• Overnight with dinner.
This day you can select one of the many activities in our offer, or just rest and relax after a two-day hike. We recommend rafting on the Tara River. In the evening we leave Žabljak and Durmitor with a descent through the canyon Tara to Kolašin and Bjelasica.
• Overnight with dinner at the accommodation/hotel.
Transportation to camp Vranjak, the starting point for hiking. Hiking on Bjelasica lasts 4-6 hours. The most beautiful places on Bjelasica are the six mountain lakes and peaks Crna Glava 2139m and Zekova Glava 2117 m. Back in camp Vranjak and lunch. Free time in the afternoon ( cycling, horse riding and other activities in the camp). Voyage to the accommodation/hotel.
• Overnight with dinner.
• Breakfast. In the morning you have the opportunity to leisure, rest or enjoy one of the many adventures. We recommend Canyoning Mrtvica or Jeep Safari. After lunch, we visit the rainforest Biograd lake. In the evening we leave Kolasin and Bjelasica and travels towards Rožaje and Prokletije.
• Overnight with dinner at camp/hotel.
Transportation to starting point for hiking. From the top, you can see Kosovo, mountain peaks Prokletije, Komovi and Bjelasica. Back to the hut for lunch. After lunch, we leave the house and walk and walk to the place where the bus is waiting for us. Transfer to accommodation/hotel.
• Overnight with dinner.
Transfer to the airport for the return flight.
• We hope you had an unforgettable experience and you are welcome again.
• The program can be changed (eg, due to the traffic, etc.)
• If possible we can pick you up along the way or organizing a bus connection, taxi (for a fee) for
individuals and groups from other cities. (see our route)
• Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change hotels according to the booking of stated hotels.
• Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices and if the exchange rate euro changes by more than 3%
• The tour duration can be customized to your needs as a “mini-tour” 4 days / 3 or 4 nights, 10 days / 9 or 10 nights 15 days / 14 nights or according to your wishes for a longer period. Contact us to customize to your needs.
• The tour can be organized with transportation to/from Montenegro, as well as other airports in the region for the group. See offer or contact us for more information and prices.
• The tour can be organized in conjunction with other activities. View our offers or contact us to customize according to your needs and fulfil your desires.
– Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change hotels according to the booking of stated hotels.
– Montenegro Adventure keeps the right to change the price if service providers change prices and if the exchange rate kn-euro changes by more than 3%
• Participants in the trip are individual passengers of mixed nationalities.
• Children with parents or guardians. Children under 10 yrs are not allowed on this tour, those over 10 years with parents or guardians.
• Please contact the Travel agent to confirm your booking 48 hours before departure.
• Please show your voucher to your tour guide at the beginning of the trip.
• Season: All year, but generally mostly Spring, Summer and Autumn.
• Difficulty: Lightly difficult
• Duration: 8 days / 7 nights ( can be changed to 4, 10, 15 or more days).
• Start & Finish:
– Start 07:00: Airport, under contract or travel program. Get information on the site if you have not in the voucher, your guide on arrival can give you more details about the tour.
– Finish Airport, under contract or travel program. Your guide can give you more information about the tour and any other information you want.
• Code: MT8D – DPTS01 – MA
• Currency: Euro
• Tip (Gratuity): Your Montenegro Adventure crew never expect tips themselves, and will not request any. We also know how much tipping can cost you. So, treat yourself to something with the money you save by travelling with Montenegro Adventure!
• Place and time of entry:
– Airport: If you arrive by plane, the travel guide welcomes you in the arrivals hall of the airport on time, as specified in the voucher, program or by appointment.
-Hotel & Accommodation: If you are already in a hotel/accommodation, embarkation time agreed at the time of the agreement, or contact us for accurate information.
-Other guests: If you’re going on tour with overnight stay ( the first night) on their own, by car or bus to the residents can come anytime after 12.00. The welcome meeting is scheduled for 20:00 at the hotel/accommodation. Please check our website or travel agency, where and when will be a welcoming reception.
– If you’re going on tour without staying overnight the first night ( overnight is last night after the program ) the welcome meeting will be held before breakfast (about 7:00 ), and boarding is after breakfast. Please check this on our website or travel agent for the trip exact time and place of the meeting.
– If you can not find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to book transportation (subject to availability ). If you can not find transportation to get to us, we will be happy to organize transportation (dependent on availability).
• Clothes: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for the trip. Hat or cap, sunscreen and appropriate sun protection clothing is required during warmer months. A small umbrella or raincoat for rain will be useful in case of light rain. Bring comfortable shoes for biking. The weather in the mountains of Montenegro can be very unpredictable. Please prepare for various weather conditions.